Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:59 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Veggie Meals

I always do simple and easy, because I'm not the best cook! All of these have so many different versions, and it's fun to play around. My favorites are:

1) Cauliflower Pizza (make the crust ahead of time and freeze)

2) Eggplant pizzas (slice and bake, add toppings, slice and bake. Don't skip the salt. Eggplants are too bitter without it.)

3) Cauliflower fritters and broccoli bites (fritters as the meal and broccoli as the side)

4) Stir fry (any number of veggies, my favorites are peppers, onions, mushrooms if fresh, or if in a hurry I grab a bag of frozen veggies and throw them in a pot.)

5) Egg and... I do eggs at least once a week for either breakfast or lunch. I do them in muffin tins, scrambles with veggies, poached with spinach and tomatoes on a sandwich...Google muffin tin meals. Possibilities are endless!

6) Quinoa burgers (takes some prep, a bit harder to make)

7) Cucumber sandwiches (cucumber is the bread, this can he veggie or not veggie, depending on what you add on top)

8) This is more for my sides/snacks. I make a lot of homemade sweet potato chips, zucchini chips, kale chips...if it is a vegetable, I try to turn it into chips But baked and healthy. I also use different veggies like kohlrabi and fruits like goji berries. My food program rep had never heard of a goji berry...

I'm happy to share recipes if anyone is interested in one.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:38 AM
Daycare.com Member

I AM! Please share! I do cauliflower crust pizza for myself (lower carb/more diabetic diet) what would you serve as a grain? breadsticks or something to satisfy FP? (and my dc parents who think carbs are the end all be all of health food, because eating ALL whole wheat grains means that they can eat as much as they want, right?)
Old 12-14-2016, 08:50 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Yes please!

#1, 3, and 5 to start. Eggs in muffin tins to start. I see a lot of posts for them and have always wondered how they turn out.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:30 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
I AM! Please share! I do cauliflower crust pizza for myself (lower carb/more diabetic diet) what would you serve as a grain? breadsticks or something to satisfy FP? (and my dc parents who think carbs are the end all be all of health food, because eating ALL whole wheat grains means that they can eat as much as they want, right?)
I don't eat many grains myself. So my food plan rep told me to keep a bag of wg rolls around, ad whenever I need a grain, just serve one...that's what I do I will throw a fruit and a wg roll with the pizza and call it good.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:31 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by childcaremom View Post
Yes please!

#1, 3, and 5 to start. Eggs in muffin tins to start. I see a lot of posts for them and have always wondered how they turn out.
Muffin tin meals are amazing. I will work on those recipes
Old 12-15-2016, 10:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midaycare View Post
I don't eat many grains myself. So my food plan rep told me to keep a bag of wg rolls around, ad whenever I need a grain, just serve one...that's what I do I will throw a fruit and a wg roll with the pizza and call it good.
great idea! I can toss those in the freezer and defrost in the morning.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

Please share these recipes.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Daycare.com Member

I love your ideas!
Old 06-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Daycare.com Member

My dd makes zoodles all the time and I was looking up gadgets on amazon to use. I might have to invest in something like that! I love the spaghetti saucy cheesy meals but don't eat pasta anymore. So using spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles would be a great idea!

Tags
vegetables