Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I LOVE These Cups!
Pandaluver21 04:34 PM 03-04-2020

Does anyone else use these cups? I had a kid (1yr old) who couldn't figure out the "tip it up" of sippy cups. I normally love the 360's, but he just wasn't getting it. His parents used this cup and ended up bringing one to leave here. Kid just got picked up (an hour early, woot!) and mom and dad said "we brought gifts" She handed me a box of ice cream bars for "surviving an extra day with the kid" (they added a day and this was the first week) and an extra cup for him to keep here lol
I love that these can be used when upright or if kid tips them.
Jupadia 06:05 PM 03-04-2020
I liked them for a short period with my seconed. But I would not have used them for daycare, to many parts to keep cleaned.
Baby Beluga 07:30 PM 03-04-2020
They're great! I used them for my own DS and loved them. I prefer straw or open cups opposed to spout cups but when he was younger he just did not get the concept of not tilting a straw cup.
Blackcat31 05:48 AM 03-05-2020
I've heard many providers praise those cups too!

I haven't used a cup with a lid of any kind in care for many years now. We go straight from bottle to open cup.

No straws, no lids and no parts to clean.
racemom 12:03 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I haven't used a cup with a lid of any kind in care for many years now. We go straight from bottle to open cup.

Agree. Once they are eating sitting up, we use open cups.
Pestle 12:52 PM 03-05-2020
I liked them for my own kid, because it made travel easy, but for my daycare I use only open cups and bottles. No point in training them on one thing after another after another.

I also wouldn't use those cups in my daycare, because my own kid chewed through the straws over and over and over again. It's one thing for my own kid to swallow a piece of silicone . . . it's different when it's one of my clients' kids!
Pandaluver21 05:14 PM 03-05-2020
Originally Posted by Jupadia:
I liked them for a short period with my seconed. But I would not have used them for daycare, to many parts to keep cleaned.
This I agree with, however I love my straw cleaner... makes it a little less annoying lol

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

We do open cups at meals/snacks, but I have cups with some sort of lid out throughout the day, filled with water.
Tags:sippy cups, straw cleaner, straws
Reply Up