Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changes to KS Regulations
NoMoreJuice! 07:57 AM 03-02-2016
Are there any Kansas providers that have inside information about the changes coming to our regs? It is so strange to me that the state is keeping it such a secret. I wasn't able to attend the meeting last night, and can't find anything on the internet about it. The only thing I heard was that we'll have to start being fingerprinted. Can anyone help me with this? There's a webinar available on March 12th, but I can't stand waiting 10 days, lol.
KSDC 08:04 AM 03-02-2016
I don't know anymore than you do and it is driving me crazy. Last time we had changes they released a ton of info. This time it seems to be so hush hush. I can't make it to any of the meetings, so I'll be on the webinar on the 12th, too.
NoMoreJuice! 08:11 AM 03-02-2016
https://www.federalregister.gov/arti...f-program#h-12

I found this, if you care to read it. I'm not even 10% done and I've been on it an hour. No wonder they vote on these things without reading them.
NoMoreJuice! 08:17 AM 03-02-2016
"Group home child care. As discussed earlier, we are proposing a technical change to delete group home child care from the variety of child care categories at § 98.30(e) from which parents receiving a certificate for child care service must be able to choose."

"In-home care. We propose to revise § 98.30(f)(2) to explicitly allow for Lead Agencies to adopt policies that may limit parental access to in-home care."

Most of what I've read only affects providers that have a DCF contract to accept subsidy. I have a Group Home, but don't accept subsidy families, so this won't affect me. But it's just another way to get rid of family home providers and move all children to centers.
NoMoreJuice! 10:21 AM 03-02-2016
Copied from a local provider who attended the meeting:

1. Background check will get more stringent, finger printing required, few will be associated with this process. Possible start Sept 2017.
2. More training/in service hours required per year. Program directors increase to 24. Employees increase to 16 (applicable to home and centers).
3. All of this is proposed, and they don't know when it will be for sure or when they will actually start requiring changes. Maybe 2017? Maybe sooner?
4. We will have to do this again when they actually make the changes, so I feel this meeting was a bit premature.
satcook 08:17 PM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
Copied from a local provider who attended the meeting:

1. Background check will get more stringent, finger printing required, few will be associated with this process. Possible start Sept 2017.
2. More training/in service hours required per year. Program directors increase to 24. Employees increase to 16 (applicable to home and centers).
3. All of this is proposed, and they don't know when it will be for sure or when they will actually start requiring changes. Maybe 2017? Maybe sooner?
4. We will have to do this again when they actually make the changes, so I feel this meeting was a bit premature.
I've been curious. I'll be at the meeting in Wichita on the 23rd, but that's a long ways away.

That's a huge increase in inservice hours!! I have to get 5 hours a year as a director right now, so 24 is a lot more!

Lori
Tags:kansas regulations
Reply Up