Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Different Contracts/ Daycare, Preschool & Drop In
happykidschildcare 05:51 PM 07-13-2011
Hey ladies~~ Do any of you offer Preschool on top of your everyday daycare services? In Sept I have 4 of my fulltimers going to am kindergarten, So Im thinking about filling those am spaces with Preschool ONLY classes. I already offer preschool to fulltime kids, so this is something we already do every morning. Im just curious if any of you offer preschool only classes, how much would be a fair rate for 3 days week 9 am-noon??

and if anyones up to sharing a preschool only contract to give me an idea how to set mine up, that would be awesome!
Meeko 06:39 PM 07-13-2011
You will have to make VERY clear to the pre-school only parents that they are just that. PRE-SCHOOL ONLY. With VERY specific hours.

If you don't you will be getting calls from parents telling you they are running late and "could you just tend little Jimmy for another hour and feed him lunch...as you're already doing that with the other kids anyway?"

Or moms who will drop off a half hour before pre-school even starts because "they have to get to work for a meeting"
Preschool/daycare teacher 04:12 PM 07-14-2011
Originally Posted by happykidschildcare:
Hey ladies~~ Do any of you offer Preschool on top of your everyday daycare services? In Sept I have 4 of my fulltimers going to am kindergarten, So Im thinking about filling those am spaces with Preschool ONLY classes. I already offer preschool to fulltime kids, so this is something we already do every morning. Im just curious if any of you offer preschool only classes, how much would be a fair rate for 3 days week 9 am-noon??

and if anyones up to sharing a preschool only contract to give me an idea how to set mine up, that would be awesome!
We've always had a few children who come for preschool only in the mornings. We have had to change things around for this coming year, though, so I don't think we'll be offering that service anymore (unless we just happen to have that many open spots. As it was, we were getting several "preschool only" children, and they were taking up spots we could have had full time children in). Plus it was a pain because all preschool work and activities had to be finshed up in time for their parents to come, so we'd have to rush through things faster than I would have liked. And a lot of the time, we were still in the middle of working on something when they came. Also, it was a disruption to the day because we could never get all the parents to pick up at the same time. So they'd straggle in anywhere between 15 minutes early and half an hour late (for 45 mintutes we'd have parents coming and going). and of course there's always those that want them to stay for lunch and they'll just pick up right before nap (which turned into them being late, us having to delay nap a little while, knowing that that child would be leaving anytime, and everyone would be wide awake the minute someone walks in the door). Or the random "can they stay all day?" we always liked to have the child all day because then their rate would go up lol, but it was usually last minute notice. So this year we will still have children who only need preschool, but it's an all day preschool now, so it's the same as a part time child coming 3 days/week minimum. If you want to PM me, I'll be glad to give you as much information and details as I can from the way we always did it before. Just let me know exactly what you need: Rate, hours, ages, policies, etc.
Tags:contracts, drop in care, preschool
Reply Up