Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Barely Hanging On
Unregistered 10:38 AM 03-02-2016
I am going to be closing my daycare the end of May because I am overwhelmed and burnt out and probably moving soon. I picked the end of May so it gives me time to get finances in order a bit but I am really struggling with hanging in there when I just feel so done and over it. Any suggestions to make these last couple months be enjoyable?
Play Care 11:02 AM 03-02-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am going to be closing my daycare the end of May because I am overwhelmed and burnt out and probably moving soon. I picked the end of May so it gives me time to get finances in order a bit but I am really struggling with hanging in there when I just feel so done and over it. Any suggestions to make these last couple months be enjoyable?
Since you have an end date, I might close for a day or two to relax and refresh. Then, fake it till you make it.
I might even put out a calendar and circle the last day in bright red. That way when you're feeling down/burnt out, you have a visual reminder that the end is near If you have any kids who are just more work than they are worth, consider letting them go early.
Good luck!!
snbauser 02:24 PM 03-02-2016
As someone else who is in countdown mode, I completely get it. My last day is June 10th. I'm finishing out the school year. I'm getting through by doing a couple of things....

1 - countdown... I know the number of days until spring break (when I'm closed) and the number of days afterwards

2 - focussing on the "special" days. It helps me get through the daily stuff when I can focus on things like Dr. Seuss day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, etc. It also helps to break the remaining time into smaller segments.

3 - throwing away things. For whatever reason it is a stress reliever and therapeutic. After 13 years, I have a ton of stuff. So each day during free play time I spend a couple of minutes going through all of my stuff and deciding what can be sold and what can be thrown out. My goal is to throw out 5 things each day.

Good luck!
Tags:burnt out, closing daycare, keeping it interesting
Reply Up