Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:31 AM
Unregistered

Default Chicken Penne Caesar

Fry/Sautee diced chicken pieces.

Boil penne noodles, and cool.

I prefer only the Kraft Gourmet Caesar dressing (it comes in a jar not in a bottle). I find some of the caesar dressings don't go well with this recipe, but you'll have to find one you like.

Toss chicken and penne noodles in the sauce, and you can serve as is (it's awesome for leftovers cold too!) or you can add romaine lettuce and serve. I add the lettuce to the plates instead of mixing in the bowl, so you don't have soggy lettuce in leftovers.

I whip this up on weekly basis, a big batch, or double batch, and eat the left overs for lunches.
I use about 900g's (a bag) of penne noodles, about 3-4 chicken breasts, and 1 jar of dressing. You can adjust this as desired.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Fry/Sautee diced chicken pieces.

Boil penne noodles, and cool.

I prefer only the Kraft Gourmet Caesar dressing (it comes in a jar not in a bottle). I find some of the caesar dressings don't go well with this recipe, but you'll have to find one you like.

Toss chicken and penne noodles in the sauce, and you can serve as is (it's awesome for leftovers cold too!) or you can add romaine lettuce and serve. I add the lettuce to the plates instead of mixing in the bowl, so you don't have soggy lettuce in leftovers.

I whip this up on weekly basis, a big batch, or double batch, and eat the left overs for lunches.
I use about 900g's (a bag) of penne noodles, about 3-4 chicken breasts, and 1 jar of dressing. You can adjust this as desired.
This was mine, but didn't realize I wasn't logged in. Sorry.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Daycare.com Member

So you serve this warm? (I understand that you are eating leftovers cold.)
Old 11-05-2018, 01:53 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flossie View Post
So you serve this warm? (I understand that you are eating leftovers cold.)
This is from 2010 so I'm not sure if this person will respond! It does sound yummy and easy!

Tags
chicken, penne, recipe