Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unhappy Parents, Are My Policies Unfair? How Would You Respond?
jamiem 12:08 PM 05-21-2014
I recently gave my daycare family an updated handbook and contract and they are questioning some changes. I have given myself 10 days of paid vacation and 3 paid sick days, and I gave my daycare families 5 days of unpaid vacation days and no unpaid sick days. (Before this I had 10 paid vacation days, no sick days, and they had an unspecified number of unpaid vacation days but I think they assumed 10 as well) Now they are questioning why the numbers don't match. I want to say because this is my business and I make the rules! but that doesn't sound very nice...how would you respond and do you think my policies are unfair and I should change them so they match? Being around kids I want to have sick days available. I also think it is important to have vacation days to prevent burnout so I can get a break and come back refreshed. I thought it would be nice to give them a week unpaid too but this is my income and to go unpaid for 2 weeks would be a hard. What do you think?

Do you have paid vacation days and how many?

Do you have paid sick days and how many?

Do you allow your daycare families to take unpaid days off and how many?

Do you think these numbers need to match?

If not, how would you explain the discrepancy to questioning parents?
Tags:policies
Up