Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Huge Mistake
Thriftylady 07:28 PM 08-18-2015
My new DCG's started tonight. They are 5 and 6 and our district starts school tomorrow, but since they are both in Kindy they start next week. Mom drops off at 10 PM to work her night shift and will pick them up in the morning. Starting next week I will put them on the bus.

My mistake, not having her bring them during the day once for at least a few hours. I can't get these girls to bed, mom wants them right to bed when they get here so they can get up for school. I am pretty sure a lot of it is because it is a new place. Couldn't get the light right for them, and the room was "creepy" finally got that fixed, now they need drinks, uhoh one of the sheets won't stay on the cot. Waiting to see what is next. Note to self, NEVER ever skip the "get to know you visit" in these situations.
cara041083 07:53 PM 08-18-2015
Just curious, how do you handle over nights? I mean are you allowed to sleep or do you have to stay up the whole time they are in your care. I always wondered how that worked
Thriftylady 10:04 PM 08-18-2015
Originally Posted by cara041083:
Just curious, how do you handle over nights? I mean are you allowed to sleep or do you have to stay up the whole time they are in your care. I always wondered how that worked
Depends on the state. Here I am allowed to sleep and mom knows I will. In Kansas I wasn't allowed to. These kiddos are moving to days soon. Mom is a nurse and the schedule is moving to 12 hour days for her and I will still have them then. I now have a video baby monitor so I can more easily watch them at night. I know I won't sleep well with them here, but was desperate for kiddos.
Ariana 06:58 AM 08-19-2015
My kid acts like this and she's in her own home!! Hope it calms down for you so you can get some sleep
Thriftylady 07:03 AM 08-19-2015
Originally Posted by Ariana:
My kid acts like this and she's in her own home!! Hope it calms down for you so you can get some sleep
Yeah I talked to mom this morning and she said it is an issue at home sometimes. Time to put some rules in!
Tags:won't sleep
Reply Up