Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>10 Week Old, Not Sleeping
Francine 06:03 AM 11-08-2011
I have posted before my my "tummy sleeper" My house is set up with a livingroom and a familyroom, I keep infants in one and olders play in the other. I have the 10 week old in a Pack N Play in the livingroom, I can see him, hopefully he is getting use to the noise etc. etc. I have talked to the parents about having him sleep on his back at home and they will start him out on his back but then when he wakes up they end up flipping him over. Last night he slept 6 hours straight, on his tummy. I have him on his back, swaddled and he will only sleep for 1/2 hour tops, usually it's closer to 15 minutes. Any advice on how I can get him to stop the cat naps? I know, ideally the answer is for the parents to keep him on his back at home so that he will adjust faster but that isn't going to happen so how do I get it to work here?
laundrymom 06:36 AM 11-08-2011
Is there a safe sleep class you could direct them to?
renodeb 09:01 AM 11-08-2011
If he is sleeping on his tummy at home and his back at your house then he is probably confused. I recently took a class on SIDS and learned that if the child sleeps on his tummy at home and his back at dc then that is posing a danger b/c he is used to sleeping on his tummy. The only way he is gonna be consistent is if they put him onhis back at home to. Tell them to swaddle him and put him on his back, try a paci. Maybe tell them that its important fo rhim to have consistensy at home and dc. Why do they fell he needs to be onhis tummy?
Deb
nannyde 09:25 AM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by renodeb:
If he is sleeping on his tummy at home and his back at your house then he is probably confused. I recently took a class on SIDS and learned that if the child sleeps on his tummy at home and his back at dc then that is posing a danger b/c he is used to sleeping on his tummy. The only way he is gonna be consistent is if they put him onhis back at home to. Tell them to swaddle him and put him on his back, try a paci. Maybe tell them that its important fo rhim to have consistensy at home and dc. Why do they fell he needs to be onhis tummy?
Deb
I don't think that's right. It's the opposite.

A child who sleeps on their BACK at home but their BELLY in child care runs a markedly increased chance of dying at day care. The chances accelerate even more if it is their first week or two of child care.

Is that right Cat?
laundrymom 10:17 AM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I don't think that's right. It's the opposite.

A child who sleeps on their BACK at home but their BELLY in child care runs a markedly increased chance of dying at day care. The chances accelerate even more if it is their first week or two of child care.

Is that right Cat?
not cat but YES. that is correct Nannyde.
daycare 10:58 AM 11-08-2011
http://email-img.channing-bete.com/H055L/cbc_H055L.html

this just came in my email
Tags:won't sleep
Reply Up