Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Prices Increasing Everywhere.... Raising Rates
daycare 10:41 AM 03-23-2012
Prices for everything is going up due to the cost of fuel. Just yesterday I posted about discount school supply charging a fuel surcharge and I noticed today many other sites are doing the same.

With the cost of everything going up, will any of you be forced to raise your rates? What about field trips, will you have to cut those back?

I feel like with all of the price increases, I may be forced to change my program.....
MsMe 10:45 AM 03-23-2012
I was also seeing post about rate increases. I have raised rates once (4 years ago)

I hope I don't have to do it again, but my pay is just not going as far as it used to, it is getting more and more noticable.

I thought at first I was just not managing my money well, but nothing has changed
wahmof3 11:22 AM 03-23-2012
I was thinking this after reading your post regarding the fuel surcharge.

In 6 years I have never raised my rates & I have taken a approx 25% pay cut over the past 2/3 years with state subsidized payments.

I am not sure what I would do. I guess if gas does reach $5/gal you KNOW everything else will go up up up, I would have to make some changes as well. Meaning major cutbacks & rate increases.

I do think I would try to cut back first & use rate increase as last resort. Last fall was my DH's first nickel raise since the economy took a dive. So I don't think my dcp would be getting raises.

It will be interesting to read what others post on this.
daycare 11:26 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
I was thinking this after reading your post regarding the fuel surcharge.

In 6 years I have never raised my rates & I have taken a approx 25% pay cut over the past 2/3 years with state subsidized payments.

I am not sure what I would do. I guess if gas does reach $5/gal you KNOW everything else will go up up up, I would have to make some changes as well. Meaning major cutbacks & rate increases.

I do think I would try to cut back first & use rate increase as last resort. Last fall was my DH's first nickel raise since the economy took a dive. So I don't think my dcp would be getting raises.

It will be interesting to read what others post on this.
thanks for responding... I also will use rate increase as a last resort, I am just sad how much it will affect my program. My program is unique to many others out there and if gas continues to soar up to over $5.00 a gallon as expected, I will have to change all of my program and won't be able to offer the uniqueness of it anymore.....

fiddle sitcks......lol
Tags:bad economy, economy, gas prices, raising rates
Reply Up