Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Other Military Wife Providers?
mainemomma 10:23 PM 05-14-2013
I have had a license daycare for over 5 years now...My first daycare was in Perry Maine for 4 years, licensed for 12 children with one helper...I currently live in Seward Alaska and am licensed for 8 with no helper...would love to connect with anyone else that has a 'moving' daycare. I must say it was hard moving to Alaska and learning their rules for my license from what I was use to in maine. I have 3 boys (my reason for staying home!) age 6, 5 and 1
coolconfidentme 02:12 AM 05-15-2013
Please thank your husband for serving. (My son is currently in Japan on the USS George Washington.) My sister lived in Alaska while her husband serve there. She loved it there.
Meeko 05:42 AM 05-15-2013
I started daycare 28 years ago in military housing on Altus Air Force Base, OK!
ksmith 10:16 AM 05-15-2013
I did it at our last base (Guam) but they don't have FCC at our current base (Turkey). I am currently working at the CDC now but plan to reopen once we move back to the states. By the way, I'm actually from Alaska (Anchorage)!
MNMum 11:41 AM 05-15-2013
I'm a military wife, but my husband is MN National Guard, so we don't have the moves like you. However, he is away at annual training right now for 3 weeks. We are about half way through, and we have started boot camp here at home and the daycare. The kids are probably feeding off my impatience and acting up more and testing me. My 3.5 yo has been aggressive, and I have caught him pushing toddlers twice now. He also seems to have forgotten all the rules. Much to his dismay, he's been my shadow the past couple days. And my girls slapped and hit each other the other morning. Ugghhh. There is not enough of me to go around!
Lavender 02:48 PM 05-15-2013
I'm a military wife (husband is a Marine) but I work in a center.
Reply Up