Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Four Day Weekend!!!
SilverSabre25 03:51 PM 05-23-2013
I'm just a little excited. As of an hour ago I am OFF for four days. Well, I have one dcb on Saturday but he and my DD entertain each other so it's not *really* like work, and I only had him one other day this week.

The main playroom is cleaned up, I'm about to go clean the daycare bathroom, and toss in daycare laundry. I have a lot of things I'm doing this weekend that might end up being daycare related but it's okay...thinking about it is NOT the same as doing it!!
Happy Hearts 04:18 PM 05-23-2013
Yee Haw!! Party on.....
LaLa1923 08:03 PM 05-23-2013
good for you!! I closed for 5 days!! This Thursday to Monday!!
daycarediva 03:17 AM 05-24-2013
LUCKY!!!!!!! I didn't close at all. I didn't want to waste my precious paid vacation on it.
itlw8 04:52 AM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
LUCKY!!!!!!! I didn't close at all. I didn't want to waste my precious paid vacation on it.
change your contract for the future national holidays and vaction should be 2 different things... minimum close for the 6 major holidays AND take your week vacation and those 4 personal days.
choirlady76 04:59 AM 05-24-2013
Me too, except at my center they are throwing us teachers an appreciation luncheon, but we are closed! Woot no changing diapers for a few hehe
NeedaVaca 04:59 AM 05-24-2013
Enjoy!! I also have a vacation that starts at the end of my day, I am counting down the hours
choirlady76 05:00 AM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by itlw8:
change your contract for the future national holidays and vaction should be 2 different things... minimum close for the 6 major holidays AND take your week vacation and those 4 personal days.
I agree, many centers and home providers take the national holidays!
choirlady76 05:12 AM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Enjoy!! I also have a vacation that starts at the end of my day, I am counting down the hours
Hope you have a wonderful weekend, we teachers/providers sure deserve it!! Also, the weather in my area (St. Louis) is going to be mid 70's. Yay!!!
SilverSabre25 07:40 AM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Today is an unpaid day, Monday is paid. I had originally scheduled an "at will" day off if my daughter's school had a daytime event I wanted to attend, but they didn't, and we have an important appointment this afternoon, so it seemed like a good idea. Honestly the four day weekend didn't occur to me until after I had already told the parents!
Lyss 07:57 AM 05-24-2013
I have to say my first thought when my alarm went off this morning (even earlier than usual too ) was "ugh... Silver had the right idea, I should have taken the day off!"
Blackcat31 08:10 AM 05-24-2013
Enjoy your time off!!!
mema 09:18 AM 05-24-2013
Enjoy! I woke up yesterday thinking it was Friday-oops!
Reply Up