Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Got The Day Off!
daycarediva 02:42 PM 05-25-2013
I was planning to save my precious paid days off and open Monday. Only one family returned the form saying that they needed care, but posted on FB about BBQ plans since her and dcd were off. I was pretty annoyed. Another dcm/2 came in and we were chatting when this dcm1 came in. She joined in our convo. dcm1 asked what my plans were for Monday, and I said I was working. She couldn't believe it and said "How many kids do you have?!" and I responded "Just dcb!" and dcm1 looked at dcm2 and said "Oh that STINKS you have to work on the holiday!" and dcm said "I don't have to work but dcd and I were going to have a few drinks at the lake with friends.... well, the weather is supposed to be cooler anyway so I guess we could keep dcb home. He won't have much fun here by himself anyway."

Dcm1 KNEW full well that it was my DCB who was the 'only one' on Monday. He is my open-close kid and pretty much all the parents are aware of that. She turned, winked at me and told me to have a wonderful weekend, and to enjoy my well deserved day off.

I could have kissed her.
Happy Hearts 03:03 PM 05-25-2013
I would definitely have a drink on her and give her a huge cheers!
itlw8 03:59 PM 05-25-2013
send her a thank you note for looking out for you.
TheGoodLife 06:55 AM 05-26-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I was planning to save my precious paid days off and open Monday. Only one family returned the form saying that they needed care, but posted on FB about BBQ plans since her and dcd were off. I was pretty annoyed. Another dcm/2 came in and we were chatting when this dcm1 came in. She joined in our convo. dcm1 asked what my plans were for Monday, and I said I was working. She couldn't believe it and said "How many kids do you have?!" and I responded "Just dcb!" and dcm1 looked at dcm2 and said "Oh that STINKS you have to work on the holiday!" and dcm said "I don't have to work but dcd and I were going to have a few drinks at the lake with friends.... well, the weather is supposed to be cooler anyway so I guess we could keep dcb home. He won't have much fun here by himself anyway."

Dcm1 KNEW full well that it was my DCB who was the 'only one' on Monday. He is my open-close kid and pretty much all the parents are aware of that. She turned, winked at me and told me to have a wonderful weekend, and to enjoy my well deserved day off.

I could have kissed her.
What a great DCM!! Enjoy your day off
MrsSteinel'sHouse 07:02 AM 05-26-2013
Love it!

Reply Up