Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So it was my Brothers Wedding last weekend and .....
godiva83 07:45 AM 11-13-2013
I MISSED IT!!!

A DCP knowingly brought their child Friday with the stomach flu. He is so little and was so sick all over me I knew what the outcome was for me. I have never been more sick none stop, dehydration, IV needed. Needless to say I was unable to stand up with my Brother on his big day. It was heartbreaking.

When I call DCP to come get her child she said, oh he was up all night I thought he would have had it out of his system!!

I am just so disappointed and angry.

What would you do?

Thanks for the vent
Play Care 08:00 AM 11-13-2013
TERM!!!!!!
Even if I had to live on Ramen Noodles for a few months, cut cable, etc.
morgan24 08:08 AM 11-13-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
TERM!!!!!!
I would term too! I would make it a point to let her know you missed an important wedding because she brought her sick child.
Great Beginnings 08:25 AM 11-13-2013
TERM!!!!!!
I am one that will keep children because I am desperately in need of money being a single mom I worry about terming but if I missed my own brother's wedding.... Ugh! I would definately term and live of Generic Ramen Noodles lol!

I am so sorry you had to miss something so huge. It's heartbreaking
childcaremom 08:42 AM 11-13-2013
TERM!!!!!!

coolconfidentme 09:01 AM 11-13-2013
TERM!!!!!!
EXACTLY!!!!! Let her know why too...
Margarete 10:35 AM 11-13-2013
Originally Posted by godiva83:
I MISSED IT!!!

A DCP knowingly brought their child Friday with the stomach flu. He is so little and was so sick all over me I knew what the outcome was for me. I have never been more sick none stop, dehydration, IV needed. Needless to say I was unable to stand up with my Brother on his big day. It was heartbreaking.

When I call DCP to come get her child she said, oh he was up all night I thought he would have had it out of his system!!

I am just so disappointed and angry.

What would you do?

Thanks for the vent
So sorry. Yes bringing a child sick is a big no no, and awful and yes you probably want to term.
However realize that if you got sick Friday, or by Saturday morning you were probably already exposed to the germs Wednesday or Thursday before dck showed symptoms, and you would have gotten sick even if she stayed home Friday. I know it's awful, but don't stay angry, or let it eat you up inside.
sooo soo sorry you had to miss your brothers wedding
Josiegirl 11:00 AM 11-13-2013
I'd be terribly angry, would definitely tell her what happened because of her selfishness and thoughtlessness and term. She knew he was sick during the night, yet brought him anyways? Big no-no in my book too.
I'm so sorry you missed your brother's wedding.
MotherNature 12:02 PM 11-13-2013
I agree that you were exposed before you probably knew it..or before dcp knew it, but to knowingly bring a sick kid like that & purposely expose you is bad. Especially since you had to go to the hospital for it..Especially especially bc you missed your brother's wedding. Situation sucks. They'd definitely be on probation.
godiva83 05:03 PM 11-13-2013
Thanks everyone! I needed to calm my nerves I am so very angry and need to get it on check.
The thing is she knew I had my brothers wedding she knew for months, I needed to close earlier to make the rehearsal. Also, her daughter who is 6 and goes to school had the stomach flu on Wednesday/Thursday so yes the Mum knew very likely it would be spreading to others

I am not going to Term, but I have put them on probation and made it very clear this was wrong and never to let it happen again. I also updated my sick policies. If you send a sick kid to care and I have to call home they have to stay home for 48hrs regardless. I also added a time limit for pick up. Parents or alternative pick up must be here with in the hour or a 'sick fee' will be charged every 5mins afterward.

She said she felt awful and I do believe that it was genuine, how could you not feel bad, guilty?

I want to term out of anger and the feeling of disrespect, but I also want to try to make it work - BUT NOT LET HER OFF THE HOOK.
Reply Up