Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Post Pics of Your Daycare!
M&Mgal 10:24 AM 04-24-2014
I've been running my daycare for 5 years now, in 3 different houses (First 2 were rentals; been in our own home for 2 years now). We have a large family room that we use as the main daycare/play area and I want to make some changes, but I'm not creative at all. I would LOVE to see pics of your daycare areas, to get ideas
gracepatiencelove 11:08 AM 04-24-2014
I don't have pics right now but I just recently added a superyard for the bigs to play in without the toddlers grabbing little bits and pieces. Best thing I've done yet. I can have our globe, writing utensils, etc down low and not worry about the crawlers and toddlers getting into everything (or the older ones who think its cool to break/eat things lol).
LoraJenkins 11:40 AM 04-24-2014
My photos are posted in my album. https://www.daycare.com/forum/album.php?albumid=170
KiddieCahoots 12:00 PM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
My photos are posted in my album. https://www.daycare.com/forum/album.php?albumid=170
OMG! Love your daycare!!! Absolutely adorable!!!
BabyMonkeys 12:35 PM 04-24-2014
Could I have an invite to the decor group please?
Stepping 06:24 PM 04-24-2014
We have our gross motor stuff out in this pic, which are usually stored away but this is the best shot I could find.

We have laminate flooring and it used to drive me nuts listening to toys being dropped all day long so I bought two really big rugs from ikea and they have worked great on the floor.
Attached: image.jpg (103.3 KB) 
cheerfuldom 10:20 PM 04-24-2014
Originally Posted by Stepping:
We have our gross motor stuff out in this pic, which are usually stored away but this is the best shot I could find.

We have laminate flooring and it used to drive me nuts listening to toys being dropped all day long so I bought two really big rugs from ikea and they have worked great on the floor.
Can you tell me about that little orange couch and the flooring?
LoraJenkins 04:23 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
OMG! Love your daycare!!! Absolutely adorable!!!
Thank you. It is small, but cozy
Crazy8 08:50 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
oh now I wish I had a closet for a changing area, that is really a great idea!
Christina72684 10:31 AM 04-25-2014
This is our Infant/Young Toddler Room and my favorite of the all of them. We separate them into 2 groups during centers and some free time, so that the older kids (basically 2 year olds) can have time where they don't worry about falling over the babies. Sorry the pictures are mostly of the walls but we had just done them when I took these. The opposite wall of the closet is black with white spots to change it up a bit. We have a shelf with small toys and foam mats with a low mirror, and then the usual crawling/pulling up toys placed around the room. Since babies first see in black and white we chose those colors.
Attached: IMG_5017.jpg (75.0 KB) IMG_5019.jpg (74.3 KB) 
Stepping 11:37 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Can you tell me about that little orange couch and the flooring?
The couch is from p'kolino but I bought it on sale from zulily. It can also fold out so we occasionally have 'sleepovers' during story time.

The rugs are from ikea, they are really big and reasonably priced for the quality.
LeslieG 11:41 AM 04-25-2014
I have some pictures of my space posted in my blog: http://leslieslittlestrides.blogspot.com/p/pics.html
mindi1314 02:35 PM 04-25-2014
Leslie - where did you get that adorable tent over the dress up area. I need one of those !!
daycare 02:40 PM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by mindi1314:
Leslie - where did you get that adorable tent over the dress up area. I need one of those !!
I have the same one...got it at ikea for like 15$
LeslieG 04:23 PM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by mindi1314:
Yes, like Daycare said.. IKEA.
Christina72684 06:26 AM 04-28-2014
Here's a few more I took over the weekend. The dark room is our "Nap room" where all the cots and PNP are. Right now it's just for napping, but I think we'll pick up the cots and use it for another play room. The farm mural is in our kitchen where the kids eat and do centers.
Attached: DSC01182.jpg (55.5 KB) DSC01186.jpg (41.9 KB) DSC01184.jpg (43.7 KB) 
Josiegirl 10:12 AM 04-28-2014
I love your murals Christina! Did you buy them or paint it all on or what?
misslori50 10:50 AM 04-28-2014

misslori50 10:52 AM 04-28-2014

MCC 11:13 AM 04-28-2014
This is the "Facility Album" on my facebook page. It's changed a bit since I posted these.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1998901&type=3

The outdoor area is now fenced it.
Christina72684 11:34 AM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I love your murals Christina! Did you buy them or paint it all on or what?

In the Infant room we used lids from pots and pans to trace the circles. The nap room has glow in the dark stars, moons, planets, etc but they don't glow very well. The farm murals were parts and pieces of coloring book pages traced onto a clear piece of plastic and then we used a projector we got free from a local school to trace on the walls and draw on.
M&Mgal 06:36 PM 05-04-2014
This is AWESOME!! So many ideas! My daycare room needs a make-over SOO bad. I'll post pics tomorrow
M&Mgal 06:42 PM 05-04-2014
Originally Posted by gracepatiencelove:
I don't have pics right now but I just recently added a superyard for the bigs to play in without the toddlers grabbing little bits and pieces. Best thing I've done yet. I can have our globe, writing utensils, etc down low and not worry about the crawlers and toddlers getting into everything (or the older ones who think its cool to break/eat things lol).
My room has a huge gate across the middle, but I rarely close the gate because the little ones (14 mo-22 mo right now) will just stand there and yell/cry/scream at the older kids (3-5 yr olds) on the other side, even with me trying to play with them :/ They just want to be with the big kids so bad!
rebekki78 07:03 PM 05-04-2014
This is ours. I wish I could have really cool wall designs like some of you guys Something to look forward to anyways!
daycare space.jpg
Attached:
mia 10:04 AM 05-05-2014
all great centers......

How do you post pics I have tried any ideas,,,,,,,
AuntTami 01:52 PM 10-27-2014
I know this is old, but I'd really like to see pictures of everyone elses daycare spaces....I have my entire second floor set up for daycare, but find myself using mostly my living room for some reason. Would like to see some ideas!
permanentvacation 02:26 PM 10-27-2014
Those are nice pictures and great set-ups!

Great timing! I was going to ask in a day or so if you guys would post some pics. I started 2 threads asking questions about whether you allow pets in your daycare room and if you have your office in your daycare because I am working on changing my set up. I don't have any money to buy new items right now, but I am trying to make whatever changes I can without buying anything. I am trying to get new ideas in hopes of getting more children so I can afford new items eventually.

I actually pulled up the carpet in my dining room today. Under the carpet is hardwood. I have to sand it and do a bit of work to bring the hardwood to life. I've never done anything like this. I've been checking out YouTube videos about pulling up carpet and refinishing hardwood floors. We'll see what it looks like when I'm done.
permanentvacation 02:39 PM 10-27-2014
1006130947.jpg

0227121615.jpg

1006130949.jpg

1006130948.jpg

Okay, I don't know if this is going to work or not, but I tried to post pics of my daycare - before I tore up the carpet.
Attached:
Tags:pictures of our spaces, playroom layout
Reply Up