Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Diet And Poop: TMI For Those Who Are Squeamish
SunshineMama 06:49 AM 03-15-2012
This is totally random but the fast food post made me think about it...

Don't keep reading if you are squemish, it's probaby TMI but I am curious what everyone else thinks.

Has anyone else noticed that children who are fed organic or all natural foods don't have as stinky poops as children who are not?

Monday poops are always the worst, because the parents feed them all sorts of junk, but the ones later in the week are way better, which I attribute to me feeding only healthy all natural, homemade food.

I cut out all dairy effective monday for my diaharrea dcb who was sick all the time. Not only is he not sick today, his BM's are also way less-offensive. He has been constantly sick for the past 5 months.

(Now if I could only get the parents on board with this as well-they are so clueless about health).

Do you notice this as well?
Kim 11:36 AM 03-15-2012
Definitely! I dread Monday diapers/toileting after a weekend of binging at McDonald's and downing red dye #40 laced drinks and junk food. Diet DOES make a huge difference.
SunshineMama 11:37 AM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Kim:
Definitely! I dread Monday diapers/toileting after a weekend of binging at McDonald's and downing red dye #40 laced drinks and junk food. Diet DOES make a huge difference.
Thanks for replying! I got no responses at first so I thought I must have asked a taboo question or something, or that I was alone in this thought lol! I knew I wasn't the only one who thought this
greenhouse 11:40 AM 03-15-2012
Agreed! We are all organic and vegetarian. DCB is not and his poo is gnarly- he eats mostly meat at home and lots of milk. It's rotten smelling and very thick and hard to clean. Oh the things we bring up on this board!
jenn 12:07 PM 03-15-2012
My experience is kind of different. Most my parents do not give fruits, veggies,...over the weekend. Everyone complains of tummy aches on Monday and no one has a BM. I think they get constipated due to the foods they eat over the weekend.
Breezy 12:09 PM 03-15-2012
Yes!!!!!!!
littlemissmuffet 12:42 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by jenn:
My experience is kind of different. Most my parents do not give fruits, veggies,...over the weekend. Everyone complains of tummy aches on Monday and no one has a BM. I think they get constipated due to the foods they eat over the weekend.

I have the same issue here on Mondays. It`s the Tuesday poos I dread after I have loaded them up with fruit, veggies and water.
SunshineMama 12:42 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
I have the same issue here on Mondays. It`s the Tuesday poos I dread after I have loaded them up with fruit, veggies and water.
HAHA so true!
countrymom 12:47 PM 03-15-2012
I hate monday poops. doesn't matter if they are fed junk or nothing healthy, it stinks, its runny, and I can tell if they drank kool aid all weekend (hello blue poo)
cheerfuldom 12:48 PM 03-15-2012
I definitely think this could be a reason. My three daycare kids have foul smelly poo diapers (and even the pee is very noticeable). My own kids eat very minimal processed foods and sometimes I have a hard time telling if they have a soiled diaper. I have to physically check the 10 month old because even most of her poos are not noticeable smell wise. My two little daycare girls (both around 18 months) can both clear a room with a poo diaper and regularly have very odd diapers, loose stools, sometime chemical smelling and just weird. I dont have to check them, I always know. The two year daycare girl is pretty bad as well but the opposite issue, constipation, struggling thru each poo, I feel bad that I get irritated when I hear her struggling to go poo because it is not her fault at all.
SunshineMama 12:59 PM 03-15-2012
Yup- I have to check my dd's diaper visually too. I will leave her with dh for a few hours on the weekends and come home and she wil have a poo and he will look at me like, "What, I didn't smell anything!" LOL. Because she's heathy!
Michael 03:29 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
Has anyone else noticed that children who are fed organic or all natural foods don't have as stinky poops as children who are not?
Works the same on adults too.
Breezy 03:32 PM 03-15-2012
I never ever smell my DSs poo. And sometimes at night he won't go to bed and I am so frustrated and he is just up and crying and I don't know why-- until I check his diaper and I am like ohhh
Ariana 05:22 PM 03-15-2012
Today we went out for breakfast (I had the day off! yay!!) and my DD ate all sorts of crap she doesn't normally eat at home. A few hours later she had the worst smelling poop I've ever smelled coming from her!!
Hunni Bee 07:32 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
I never ever smell my DSs poo. And sometimes at night he won't go to bed and I am so frustrated and he is just up and crying and I don't know why-- until I check his diaper and I am like ohhh
We went through this constantly with my little nephew....we never could tell when he pooped. He's 2 and it just started stinking because he's in this "I only like to eat junk stage" and my sister gives in. Not my mom, though
Kala 08:28 AM 05-09-2012
My son and I just started an all organic diet a few weeks ago and I've noticed the exact opposite! Maybe it's all the toxins/junk coming out.
DCMom 08:44 AM 05-09-2012
LOL, me too! It's sad isn't it?

I had a curriculum class last night and the conversation at the break turned to this very conversation and the problems providers have getting kids to eat healthy foods.
SunshineMama 08:57 AM 05-09-2012
Originally Posted by Kala:
My son and I just started an all organic diet a few weeks ago and I've noticed the exact opposite! Maybe it's all the toxins/junk coming out.
It is the toxins. When you go all organic the first few weeks you feel like crud and all of the yuck comes out. Keep it up and you will begin to notice great changes

I applaud your change!
temom 09:08 AM 05-09-2012
i totally agree
Tags:fast food, organic food, poop
Reply Up