Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why ?
se7en 09:24 PM 10-01-2013
Why do parents bring sick children to daycare ? I work in a center, so it is not up to me to exclude. Really, your child is coughing and his nose is running like a fountain. Thanks for getting me sick.
Familycare71 09:29 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by se7en:
Why do parents bring sick children to daycare ? I work in a center, so it is not up to me to exclude. Really, your child is coughing and his nose is running like a fountain. Thanks for getting me sick.
I'm at home -- and I can give ya an AMEN!!!!
Cradle2crayons 01:23 AM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by se7en:
I know this is rhetorical... But anyway!
Memc2001 06:56 AM 10-02-2013
Lovely, isn't it?! They don't have any "time to take off work" or "it's just teething" or "allergies." All of the above may be true but everyone gets sick from it eventually. Ugh. This topic is the "bain" of my existence this week
hope 10:42 AM 10-02-2013
The same goes for school. I was at DD's back to school night and when the nurse was explaining the rules about keeping your child home when sick the woman sitting in front of me was laughing and waving her arms around telling everyone how she sends her children in all the time when sick and she gets called around noon once the asprin wears off. She thought it was just so cute that she got caught so often. At my home daycare I can reject anyone at the door or send home if sick. I don't have any control over DD picking things up from children at school who have parents that don't value the health of others.
I really wish these parents would consider the ramifications of their actions. My husband has a weak immune system due to Cancer and every time DD gets sick we run the risk of DH ending up for yet another hospital stay. But as long as those parents don't miss a day of work I guess its all worth it right? Ugh!
Tags:infectious teething, sick policy
Reply Up