Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Woes
Kabob 03:48 PM 02-17-2014
Goodness I feel like my interviews have been flops lately. I would like to enroll more families right now but not the ones I've been seeing...

One mom showed up for her second interview (late) without all the required paperwork and tried to tell me she didn't have the immunization form because her doctor refused to fill it out and then told me she wasn't sure if her significant other could pick up on time since he was driving a distance to get here and wanted me to make an exception. I told her the spot was no longer available to her...I felt like she was wasting my time...

Then tonight I'm supposed to have an interview...about 20 minutes ago. If she shows up I'm turning her away....again wasting my time...

Urgh. Where are all the good families?
daycarediva 04:03 PM 02-17-2014
Ugh. I don't know but I could use some, too!

I've been interviewing a lot lately and am not loving any of what I see. Kids in diapers at 4, kids who are "fussy" about food (only eat certain brand nuggets), bottles at 2.5-3, ZERO self help skills, social or coping skills, rocking to sleep at 23months.

Not to mention rude parents with special requests who want it all for dirt cheap.

I ended one interview after the Dcd said FOUR TIMES if I could lower rates. No! Go!
CraftyMom 04:06 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Kabob:
Goodness I feel like my interviews have been flops lately. I would like to enroll more families right now but not the ones I've been seeing...

One mom showed up for her second interview (late) without all the required paperwork and tried to tell me she didn't have the immunization form because her doctor refused to fill it out and then told me she wasn't sure if her significant other could pick up on time since he was driving a distance to get here and wanted me to make an exception. I told her the spot was no longer available to her...I felt like she was wasting my time...

Then tonight I'm supposed to have an interview...about 20 minutes ago. If she shows up I'm turning her away....again wasting my time...

Urgh. Where are all the good families?
I hear you!

I had an issue with medical forms also. I require them by the child's first day. Dcm kept putting it off until I said child can not come back without it, suddenly she had it the same day. I called my licensor to be sure I did the right thing, turns out in my state parents have 30 days from date of enrollment to obtain medical forms. Of course I didn't tell them that, I like it up front.
daycare 04:10 PM 02-17-2014
last week I had one and after meeting me for 5 minutes the parents asked if they could drop off the next day for a free trial. UUUMMM NEXT

I have just learned to be patient....the good ones will come to those who wait.....lol
CraftyMom 04:19 PM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
last week I had one and after meeting me for 5 minutes the parents asked if they could drop off the next day for a free trial. UUUMMM NEXT

I have just learned to be patient....the good ones will come to those who wait.....lol

Kabob 05:13 PM 02-17-2014
Yeah...it's just frustrating to have my time and my family time wasted. A no show like tonight was just so frustrating.

Apparently that's the attitude right now...everyone wants me to raise their child for them for free. In the past I would've taken the mom without the paperwork but she had so many red flags that I've learned to spot the hard way that I just wanted to run from that interview.

Money is tight but I'd rather be broke and happy. I'm so enjoying the families I have enrolled right now and the peaceful days I've been having made me realize how precious quality families are.
Tags:exceptions to rules, interview, interview - how to end it, interview - late
Reply Up