Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Funny For The Day!
SandeeAR 06:59 AM 03-30-2011
I have a 16 month old, just on the verge of really talking. He now says, Mama, dada, ball, ike (for my DH Mike), said bunny earlier this week.

So of all the words to add......... I looked at him and said (as I usually do), "did you poop?". He looked right at me and said Poop! What a new word to add!!!
tulip1969 07:32 AM 03-30-2011
Too funny!
nannyde 07:40 AM 03-30-2011
Four year old real life princess says "Nan I don't like burritos".
Nan says "yes you do... you eat burritos all the time"
Princess says "No I don't. The orange burrito dust is nasty. It gets on your fingers and stays on there. You can't lick it off"

Child translator uploaded to Nan brain.......

OH... you mean DORITOS.
SilverSabre25 07:43 AM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Four year old real life princess says "Nan I don't like burritos".
Nan says "yes you do... you eat burritos all the time"
Princess says "No I don't. The orange burrito dust is nasty. It gets on your fingers and stays on there. You can't lick it off"

Child translator uploaded to Nan brain.......

OH... you mean DORITOS.
hee hee hee!
nannyde 07:46 AM 03-30-2011
Same princess:

"Nan do you know the huckey puckey song?"

Nan... hmmmmmmmmmm is this a set up or has ICarly come up with a new version of hokey pokey I haven't been breifed on?

Nan: NOPE never heard it. How's that go?

Princess: "Ya put your right arm in ... you put your left arm out... you put your left foot in and ya swirl it all about"

Nan: "Hmmm that's good. Who made that up?

Princess: I did. It's a home made song.
SilverSabre25 07:47 AM 03-30-2011
We have a set of Space flashcards (thank you Target $1 section!) and DD pulled them out today. She can recite the nine planets (yes, NINE!!!) and can sort of name the 7 continents--these are hugely fascinating topics right now, as well as what state we and everyone she knows lives in.

So, she starts asking me what each and every one of the 36 flashcards is. At each planet, she asked me if that's where we live. I assured her, "No, dear, each and every person and living creature you can think of lives on Earth." Then she started asking who DOES live on the other planets and I had to explain nobody...and then WHY nobody does. Then she identified the picture of the sun and asked why it was shining at night and I found myself explaining the concept of planetary rotation.

Oi! My brain hurts!
Tags:flash cards, funny, poop
Reply Up