Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick Policies and Infants
thatdivalady 04:24 PM 01-12-2013
So I have a sick policy in place but was wondering how many people make exceptions for infants. My 10 month old kid has thrown up two days in a row over an hour after eating...
bunnyslippers 04:37 PM 01-12-2013
My rules with infants are significantly stricter. No vomiting for 48 hours, no diarhea for 48, no fever for 48....I think it is far too risky. As a mom, I would never send my baby until they were 100% better.
lovemykidstoo 05:09 PM 01-12-2013
Same here if anything, I'm more strict with infants because they can dehydrate so quickly.
thatdivalady 06:31 PM 01-12-2013
Thank you!
providerandmomof4 10:32 AM 01-13-2013
Reading this post has made me think that perhaps I should be more strict with my infant sick policy. It seems like my babies are constantly spitting up. However if they were actually vomiting hard...I would exclude them, especially if they were showing other signs of being ill (weak or fussy). Imo..babies are hard to judge. Especially with older babies, it seems like they can vomit at the drop of a hat, ie...don't burp well enough, eat too much, etc. I even had one baby that seemed to have a really high gag reflex. One minute she would be chewing on a toy, and the next she would be gagging herself with it..... Am I taking this too lightly?
Tags:infants, sick policy
Reply Up