Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do Any Of Your DCP's Take Vacation With You?
Just Saying 12:22 PM 11-08-2011
When you schedule your vacation do any of your DCP's use that week for their vacation to?

What I am getting at is; Your vacation is to be paid by all DCP's and you also give your DCP's a free week of vacation so do any of your parents use this week so they don't have to pay?

I don't have a problem with it, was just wondering.
Springdaze 12:44 PM 11-08-2011
I do 1/2 pay for my week and 1/2 for them. Last year i took vacation and one family said they would use that as theirs too as they werent going anywhere last year. they didnt pay for that week. a few months later they decided to take a vaca and had to pay full price for that week because they had "taken" their vaca already.
Country Kids 12:50 PM 11-08-2011
I don't receive paid vacations. I have a few of my families though that do plan their vacations at the same time I do and all their extra days off also.
Maddy'sMommy 01:15 PM 11-08-2011
I don't have paid vacations, and I charge my families 1/2 price for the vacation time they use.

I wouldn't mind if they took it at the same time I did, it would be better for me if they did. lol.
MyAngels 08:14 PM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by Just Saying:
When you schedule your vacation do any of your DCP's use that week for their vacation to?

What I am getting at is; Your vacation is to be paid by all DCP's and you also give your DCP's a free week of vacation so do any of your parents use this week so they don't have to pay?

I don't have a problem with it, was just wondering.
When I first read the title I thought you meant they went with me on vacation .

To answer your real question: No, I've never had anyone take their unpaid days while I was supposed to be taking my paid days. It seems like it'd be six of one or half dozen of another if they did, but maybe I'm not thinking about it the right way.
wdmmom 08:24 PM 11-08-2011
I've only had 1 parent try to get away with it and the answer was NO!

Parents only pay 1/2 rate with a 2 week notice for vacation. I get paid vacation. Parents can take it as vacation but I get my full rate.
MarinaVanessa 08:24 PM 11-08-2011
I offer my families vacation days that amount to the same number of days of daycare a week they use. For example, my full timers that come 5 days a week get 5 days a year of vacation for free. My part-timers that come 3 days a week get 3 days of vacation for free etc. I also take 5 days a year of paid vacation.

If my families choose to take their vacation at the same time that I do then they don't pay for the week that I take off but then they pay for all other days and vacations that they take off.
Tags:vacation, vacation - with parents
Reply Up