Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mats- Where Do You Get Them?
theflyingflamingo 07:56 AM 02-22-2010
I have to have 3 sleep mats that are at least 1 1/2 inches thick. I went to ACE schools supplies and the ones that thick are about $40- YIKES. Any suggestions where else to look?
originalkat 08:11 AM 02-22-2010
That price is too high especially for mats. You might have to order online. I ususally get a lot of stuff from Discount School Supply.
tymaboy 08:15 AM 02-22-2010
I got mine at discount school supplies on sale for around $8 a few yrs ago. I think you can also order them off of Walmarts site.
momma2girls 08:19 AM 02-22-2010
I have also heard you can order them thru Walmart on line. There was one yr. I did see them in the stores, but I can't rmember which one for Kindergarten mats at the time I was school shopping for supplies.
mac60 08:23 AM 02-22-2010
The only ones I have found thru Walmart are only 1" thick and are simply junk. Barely last 1 school year. I make my own now. They are close to 2" thick and end up being much cheaper than buying them.
Michael 12:23 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
The only ones I have found thru Walmart are only 1" thick and are simply junk. Barely last 1 school year. I make my own now. They are close to 2" thick and end up being much cheaper than buying them.
We have an article that describes how mac60 makes her mats here: https://www.daycare.com/story/money_...ips/index.html
theflyingflamingo 01:07 PM 02-22-2010
Originally Posted by michael:
We have an article that describes how mac60 makes her mats here: https://www.daycare.com/story/money_...ips/index.html
Awesome thanks everyone for the ideas!!!
actaktmdt 06:18 PM 02-22-2010
I purchaesd mine from the etsy website. The gal I purchaed my mats from happned to from the same state that I am in. They were a tad expensive and I did only purchase 3 of them, however I like that I am able to clean them in my washer/dryer each week, rather than having the kids be in contact with cleaning chemicals resiude thats left behind on the plastic mats. I should have them later this week.
jen 08:12 PM 02-22-2010
Discount School Supply!
mac60 02:25 AM 02-23-2010
I have always had plastic mats, but I made easy pillowcase type slipcovers for them so the kids wouldn't have to lay on the plastic. Mine now are homemade, wrapped in a shower cutain, waterproof and with a pillowcase over them for comfort.
Daycare Mommy 06:24 AM 02-23-2010
Wow $40 for a mat is crazy! I paid $18 each for my old ones years ago from (I think) Discount School Supply and I thought that was pricey. They were 2" thick, very sturdy, and did not fold. I think they were called infection control rest mats.

Recently though, I got 5 Angeles Spaceline Cots on eBay for $23.80 each. (There are still 17 sets of 5 available from the same auction if you're interested @ $119 for 5 w/free shipping)
Tags:mats
Reply Up