Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Feelings Were Kinda Hurt
crazydaycarelady 11:09 AM 01-26-2016
I have had family for 3 years. They had twins that I am getting on Feb 22nd. I have not met the twins yet. They were in the NICU, so I didn't go to the hospital. Apparently they had two "parties" this weekend. Meet and greet type parties so people could finally meet the twins. I wasn't invited though. I just thought I would be since I am going to be with them 40 hours per week here soon.
Play Care 11:15 AM 01-26-2016
I'm sorry, that stinks.
NoMoreJuice! 12:00 PM 01-26-2016
I would be a little hurt too. After all, you're a part of their family. Sometimes a little professional distance is ok though. By the way, good luck with the twins! You're so much braver than I am!
midaycare 12:22 PM 01-26-2016
I'm guessing it was an oversight. Twins, at least one other child, the NICU, just giving birth...AHHH!
Laurel 02:17 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I have had family for 3 years. They had twins that I am getting on Feb 22nd. I have not met the twins yet. They were in the NICU, so I didn't go to the hospital. Apparently they had two "parties" this weekend. Meet and greet type parties so people could finally meet the twins. I wasn't invited though. I just thought I would be since I am going to be with them 40 hours per week here soon.
I always hated when the daycare parents would invite me to something. I went 3 times before I said "no more". Live and learn. I just don't want to hang out with dc families on my time off. No way, no how.

But if you wanted to then that would sting a little. They probably thought you might not want to come as you might have my bad attitude.

Sorry it made you feel bad though.
Unregistered 02:28 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:
I always hated when the daycare parents would invite me to something. I went 3 times before I said "no more". Live and learn. I just don't want to hang out with dc families on my time off. No way, no how.

But if you wanted to then that would sting a little. They probably thought you might not want to come as you might have my bad attitude.

Sorry it made you feel bad though.
I'm with ya!
Josiegirl 03:28 PM 01-26-2016
How old are the twins now?
I'm sure they just weren't thinking. Do they usually invite you to the other dck's events?

I'm (slowly) learning I shouldn't have expectations anymore because it does lead to disappointment a lot. If you don't expect or assume things, then you can be pleasantly surprised when it does happen. And I'm with the ones who'd rather not get invited to dcks' events. I do feel guilty about it because I used to go to things, like concerts and dance recitals. But as I've gotten older, I really prefer to say home in my lil ole cave.
MarinaVanessa 04:31 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
IDK if it makes you feel any better but I had some minor postpartum issues and minor surgery when my DD was born a month ago and I forgot to call my dad to tell him she was born.

I posted a pic on Facebook announcing her arrival and my family in Mexico saw it and called him and congratulated him (he lives in Mexico) and that's how he found out. He called me immediately ... obviously peeved. Oops, my bad.

I'm sure that they had a lot going on and just kinda missed it. I'd be miffed too but they probably didn't do it on purpose
AmyKidsCo 08:32 PM 01-26-2016
I'm sorry your feelings were hurt.

Personally I don't want that close of a relationship with families. I've gotten too close and been burned before, so I've learned that it's better to be friendly, but not friends.
Reply Up