Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Odd Vomiting Situation
daysofelijah 06:42 AM 01-07-2011
I have had a very odd situation come up this week. I have a 21 month old dcg that has thrown up every day right after breakfast for the past three days. She has a slight fever after she throws up (99.5-100), but they it goes away and she seems fine after an hour or two. She then eats lunch just fine and is fine the rest of the day.

She eats the breakfast just fine and doesn't complain about anything going on at the table, but has thrown up at right about 8:45 am the past three days. I haven't sent her home, because she just throws up the once, slight fever then is fine.

Mom is coming to get her to take her to the dr. I thought maybe ear infection or strep throat or maybe molars coming in? But it's odd that it's just this one time at the same time for three days.

Any ideas ladies?
DCMomOf3 06:46 AM 01-07-2011
I wonder could she be allergic to something she is eating? I hope they can figure it out.
daysofelijah 06:50 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
I wonder could she be allergic to something she is eating? I hope they can figure it out.
I thought maybe it was the orange juice, because she had that the first two days. So today I didn't give her any o.j. and she still threw up.

Dh says maybe it's just a phase, but really? I do not want to clean vomit up all off my table and carpet every morning for how ever long this phase continues.
ninosqueridos 07:09 AM 01-07-2011
I don't allow kids that have vomited within the last 24 hours to come to daycare. It's part of the regs (and I assume it's a bug that I won't expose the other kids to unless a doctor provides a note saying the child is not sick). If I were the dcp, I'd take the child to the doctor and backup provider until she was vomit-free for 24 hours.
ninosqueridos 07:10 AM 01-07-2011
oops. I read it too fast and see she is going to the doctor - super!
momofboys 08:33 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by daysofelijah:
I have had a very odd situation come up this week. I have a 21 month old dcg that has thrown up every day right after breakfast for the past three days. She has a slight fever after she throws up (99.5-100), but they it goes away and she seems fine after an hour or two. She then eats lunch just fine and is fine the rest of the day.

She eats the breakfast just fine and doesn't complain about anything going on at the table, but has thrown up at right about 8:45 am the past three days. I haven't sent her home, because she just throws up the once, slight fever then is fine.

Mom is coming to get her to take her to the dr. I thought maybe ear infection or strep throat or maybe molars coming in? But it's odd that it's just this one time at the same time for three days.

Any ideas ladies?
I hope they figure that out at the dr's. I wouldn't have let her return though if she had vomited. After a child vomits I would call the parents, they go home & don't return for at least 24 hrs. KUP!
Lilbutterflie 09:11 AM 01-07-2011
Hmmm, to me it sounds like something food induced. Strep is always a possibility too; eating can irritate and cause vomiting. Is there anything she has eaten for breakfast that was consistent all 3 days? Or maybe she has been fed something at home all 3 days before coming to your house? Does she eat any other meals at your home? If so, she has had no problems during the other meals?
lvt77 10:47 AM 01-07-2011
wow I had this happen last month. DCB was vomiting after meals, yet no other symptoms. it went on for almost 3 weeks...it ended up that the child has gag reflex issues...but this is what I did...
Same exact issue, no fever, great mood, etc.
I told parents that I wanted them to keep a food log at home of what he ate. He was only throwing up at home from time to time, yet almost daily at DC. I then sent them my food log to DCM. We compared to see if there were any similar foods that he was eating that may have caused the vomiting. we found nothing. I made DCM take him to the doctors to make sure it was not allergies and in the end it is gag reflex...
He rushes a lot when he eats cuz he wants to go and play and then........vomit.... and it would always happen right after eating.
Tags:vomiting
Reply Up