Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Potential Daycare Billing Fraud
ConcernedParent 10:10 AM 03-20-2019
Hello, I'm new here and am hoping to get a few unbiased opinions or suggestions. I am the non-custodial parent of a child who lives with his mother. She makes all the decisions on daycare and sadly the daycare treats me as if I am nothing more than an ATM not a parent. Last year when my child began attending school, the daycare began to sit on my checks and was only cashing a few of them even though I was told my child was still attending daycare before work.
I asked the daycare to give me an accounting for all billing and payments and they all of a sudden told me I was hundreds of dollars behind in payments! (They said the rates had changed a year before). Because the daycare never sent a single statement to me for 18 months I had no idea I was behind. The custodial parent began harassing me and threatened to get an attorney involved for the delinquent balance I had not been aware of, and said the day care wouldn't accept my child because of my balance (even though the balance was from a year prior).
I asked the daycare to confirm this, asked why they had never send late notices or contacted me to let me know and they refuse to respond. I was given a statement of account and asked to bring the account current, which I did. (It seemed odd to me that the account was delinquent, but they were not cashing half the checks I was sending them.)
I immediately sent them the amount they requested to bring the account current. That was 3 months ago, and they still have not cashed the checks and won't respond to emails and phone calls asking if the money has been applied to the account or why they aren't depositing the checks.
My wife and I both think the custodial parent and the daycare are involved in some kind of billing fraud. The custodial parent refused to release her day care billing to me and said it was "private" even though we both pay half. Because the daycare had not been cashing checks last year and is apparently refusing to cash the check for money sent, I believe my child has not actually been attending daycare for some time and/or isn't attending daily as I've been told. It seems the daycare falsified the records at the request of the custodial parent to aid in her attempt to extort a favor out of me (it didnt work), and now is not cashing the checks to avoid being complicit in fraud.
Is there anything else that could be going on here? I can't get an honest response from the custodial parent or the daycare, and am wondering how long I should just keep sending checks, without getting statements, or anything resembling normal accounting, no idea of what my child's actual attendance is, etc.
Tags:billing, divorced parents - receipts, fathers rights
Up