Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question Regarding My Own Child
beachlovinmomma 08:59 AM 04-27-2010
I am in the process of getting my family childcare home licensed. I have a 17 month old daughter who is constantly wanting my attention all day long while I have 2 other DCK's. I am not sure what to do, do I give her extra attention or do I ignore it. She is so clingy, whines "mommy" and wants me all to herself. I quit my job outside of home to be with her so she is my main priority, but I really love starting my own business and dont want to stop. Any suggestions are appreciated.
booroo 09:14 AM 04-27-2010
You must take in to account her age, this is the time that they become very clingy as you put it. Just make sure that you have some special time with her. I wouldnt ignore it, just say **** Mommy loves you and I know you want me right now, but we have to play and take care of **** right now. But you can have me all to yourself in a little bit.... Then after the kids leave do something special with her.

Remember she is being through into this dc situation as well. After awhile she will get use to it. She has to adjust as well.
beachlovinmomma 10:13 AM 04-27-2010
Thank you, I appreciate it.
kitkat 11:58 AM 04-27-2010
I completely agree with Booroo. My daughter is 19 months and started to get possessive of me and clingy around 17 months. If dcg who is 2 starts crying, DD will cry even louder - I think she feels threatened. My son never did that and I started child care when he was 1, so I would have thought he would have had issues. With both of my kids, I would put dcks down for nap first and then have a special cuddle time with my kids before their nap.

It will get better. It's a major transition for your daughter. Hang in there!
grandmom 01:02 PM 04-27-2010
It got better with my kids when they went to Middle School.
beachlovinmomma 02:16 PM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by grandmom:
It got better with my kids when they went to Middle School.
LOL Thanks... thats uhhhh encouraging....just joking, thanks everyone , good to know Im not the only one.
judytrickett 02:45 PM 04-27-2010
She'll come around. First off it's her age. Second she has to share her mommy with everyone else. Give her time. In a few months she will want nothing but independence.
Tags:17 month old, clingy
Reply Up