Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Perfect Little Angels- NOT
missnikki 01:23 PM 10-22-2010
I doubt I'm the only one here experiencing this phenomenon-
The parent who believes everything the kid says, and gets all riled up at you, without ever asking you what your side of the story is...
Seriously, I've dealt with this one for over 4 years now, and have had to prove myself to her time and time again. It's almost not worth it, but deep down her daughter is a great kid.
I just get really sick and tired of this one parent and never knowing what I did wrong THIS time.
ninosqueridos 02:45 PM 10-23-2010
four years?!?! After 4 months of one of those dcp's, I term'd - she didn't believe that her dd behaved how I detailed to her. My stomach would turn as soon as they'd pull up to my house. Ugh. I don't know how you do it....
missnikki 06:34 AM 10-25-2010
I am at a private school, with my daycare 'attached' to it. I don't term kids unless the principal is going to expel them. I'm sure, in a severe case, I could but I haven't so far.
Blackcat31 06:42 AM 10-25-2010
I tell my parents that if they promise not to believe everything their child says happens at day care, then I promise not to believe everything their child says happens at home.
Lucy 07:16 PM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I tell my parents that if they promise not to believe everything their child says happens at day care, then I promise not to believe everything their child says happens at home.
This is soooo true! LOL. I hear lots of juicy gossip from the kids. I never ask questions, and I would never dream of repeating it to the parents or anyone else, but boy have I heard some interesting things!! Too funny.
QualiTcare 10:00 PM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
LOL! that's what i say! my daughter's first principal said that at open house..."if you promise to only believe half of what they tell you about school, i'll promise to only believe half of what they tell me about home!"

it's so true. my daughter told me a few weeks ago that she asked her teacher, "do your mom and dad ever fight about money?" and her teacher said, "sometimes. do yours?" and she said, "sometimes."

OMG!!! well, it could be worse. afterall, who doesn't?
Blackcat31 08:19 AM 10-26-2010
I had a little girl tell me once that as soon as her daddy goes to work her Uncle Brad comes over. She said mommy told her they can't tell daddy! Turns out they were planning a surprise birthday/vacation for dad and they didn't tell daughter because...well she repeats everything!!
Tags:fibber
Reply Up