Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Should I Feel Bad?
Unregistered 07:44 AM 04-07-2011
I have a one year old DCG who threw up today. I honestly think she gagged herself, but I can't be sure as I had my back to her (changing another diaper). Normally, when a child throws up, it's home they go. However, I know sometime in the next couple of days (or today) I am going to have to notify my DCP's and close for a family funeral. So I'm feeling bad sending this child home.

Should I let her stay and see how she does? Or would you send her packing - rules are rules and I can't help a funeral....
Unregistered 01:27 PM 04-07-2011
Wow - thanks for all the great replies.
Michael 04:26 PM 04-07-2011
Possibly your thread was in moderation for most of the day. Check back in tomorrow....Think about registering!

Here are some earlier threads on Sick Policy: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=sick+policy
SilverSabre25 04:39 PM 04-07-2011
I probably wouldn't have sent her home if I honestly thought she had just gagged herself and she didn't show any other symptoms, wasn't acting sick before/after, etc.

I tend to be a bit lenient, though.
missnikki 04:42 PM 04-07-2011
I would call the parent and let them know, let them decide what to do- if you honestly think she's ok. If not, send her a'packin'!
PitterPatter 04:46 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Wow - thanks for all the great replies.
I'm sorry I just saw your post. It wasn't here until recently I'm pretty sure.

1st of all I'm sorry for your loss of a loved one. 2nd if she didn't have any other symptoms and u think it was just a gag I would keep her and just keep an eye on her. I know it's too late by now for that advise but for future ref and to adknowledge your post I thought I would reply anyway.
dEHmom 06:00 AM 04-08-2011
i was throw up on yesterday by dck. i didn't send him home, day was almost over anyway, by the time i would've got mom or dad here, it would've been regular pick up time anyways. he just coughed till he threw up.

if you don't think it's anything serious and just gagging then i would let child stay. i know it's late now, but for future reference.

any updates?
Unregistered 11:00 AM 04-08-2011
Okay, first of all, I apologize for my snotty response. Very stressful day and I took it out on a group of people who didn't deserve it. I'm sorry!!

Thanks for the replies, I did end up letting her stay and she was fine the rest of the day, so I think it was the gagging thing. Happy Friday everyone!
Tags:sick policy, vomiting
Reply Up