Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Inspection Went Well But.......
tjones34 08:51 PM 01-24-2013
My inspection went great but I was using my living room/dining room space for daycare but because I don't have but one exit up there I have to move my daycare downstairs into 2 different rooms in my house. It's such a blower cause these rooms are tiny but it is the only way to get my full 8 kids. So i'm excited but blown at the same time!
countrymom 06:58 AM 01-25-2013
but don't windows count.
tjones34 10:08 AM 01-25-2013
She said that it was too far of a drop if I had to get the kids out and I wouldn't be able to get out 8
daycarediva 10:13 AM 01-25-2013
Not sure what state you are in, but I would ask for the specific regularion it would violate. I was permitted to put a fire safety ladder on a window to use as an egress in my florida room. We only use it for gross motor play when the weather is too bad to go outside though. (if that would make a difference?)
countrymom 10:17 AM 01-25-2013
on your main floor don't you have a front door and a back door or is it downstairs (like a 2 level house) I think as long as you have a ladder it should be fine. I would ask to see read the rules yourself.
tjones34 06:40 PM 01-25-2013
I have 2 levels so on the main level it's only one way out and thats the front door. When the fire marshall came he said I could use the window to get the safety ladder. She says they have the final word over the fire department. The lower level has a patio door leading to the back yard and windows on the ground, so that was perfect. But I think I will ask to read this because it seems like she may be making it up. My living room area is huge, my downstairs area is tiny.
LaLa1923 07:56 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by tjones34:
I have 2 levels so on the main level it's only one way out and thats the front door. When the fire marshall came he said I could use the window to get the safety ladder. She says they have the final word over the fire department. The lower level has a patio door leading to the back yard and windows on the ground, so that was perfect. But I think I will ask to read this because it seems like she may be making it up. My living room area is huge, my downstairs area is tiny.
Hello neighbor! I checked the regs, I'd call her supervisor! The fire Marshall says if the home is safe or not. They do not have the last say on that! I had 8 kids in my third floor condo!
Tags:inspection
Reply Up