Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Potty training question
tenderhearts 08:37 AM 03-14-2013
I have a almost 3 yr old dcg (birthday 2 weeks) and she has been potty training at home successfully and according to mom she stays dry all day. She has been asking to go here so all week we have been using the potty and she has done very well, not well enough to use panties but she has stayed dry most of the day. The problem is she has yet to poop in the potty at home or here, she actually refuses to. Parents and I have tried lots of things to encourage her but nothing has worked. I think most of the problem is it takes her forever to poop. She will run around the room hide run around hide and sometimes it can take her up to 30 min or more to finally go. I tried yesterday encouraging her when I knew she had to go and tried just taking her in there and sat her down but no go. Do you think we shouldnt even try at all anymore until she's ready to poop or do you think it will just come after a bit? We watched little potty movies and everything or any suggestions???
blandino 08:42 AM 03-14-2013
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
I have a almost 3 yr old dcg (birthday 2 weeks) and she has been potty training at home successfully and according to mom she stays dry all day. She has been asking to go here so all week we have been using the potty and she has done very well, not well enough to use panties but she has stayed dry most of the day. The problem is she has yet to poop in the potty at home or here, she actually refuses to. Parents and I have tried lots of things to encourage her but nothing has worked. I think most of the problem is it takes her forever to poop. She will run around the room hide run around hide and sometimes it can take her up to 30 min or more to finally go. I tried yesterday encouraging her when I knew she had to go and tried just taking her in there and sat her down but no go. Do you think we shouldnt even try at all anymore until she's ready to poop or do you think it will just come after a bit? We watched little potty movies and everything or any suggestions???
Having the exact same issue with a 2.5 to DCG. Her mom is frustrated, and I keep telling her IT WILL COME IN A BIT.

We have had plenty of kids who take 1/2 months after being urine trained to be BM trained. I wouldn't stop potty training just because of the BM issue. In my experience a lot of kids have issues with it, and most sort themselves out pretty soon after potty training. Especially since she is so close to 3 - I think it will sort itself out sooner rather than later.
Play Care 10:30 AM 03-14-2013
I've learned not to worry about it

The one thing I will do is not use pull ups or diapes for kids who are only using them for BM's. If I have kids holding BM all day until their nap time pull up, and the pull up is dry with the exception of the BM, no more pull ups and close monitering until they have gotten the hang of it. Some kids are very fearful of pooping on the potty so I try to be very positive and reassuring.
Good Luck!
daycarediva 10:39 AM 03-14-2013
I have had quite a few kids do the same thing. I make it a non issue, and it eventually works its way out.
Reply Up