Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pregnancy Question
Unregistered 04:41 AM 01-31-2014
I'm just wondering how long you worked up until during your pregnancies ? I'm about 33 weeks now and was planning on working up until my due date. However, these past few weeks are killing me. Between my back , being exhausted and uncomfortable I don't know how you all do it. I can't imagine working another month and a half but am worried about loosing families. A helper is not a choice. Any suggestions?
cara041083 06:59 AM 01-31-2014
I worked up to the day before and took 2 weeks off after good luck
cara041083 07:00 AM 01-31-2014
I will add that i spent most of the last month with free play so I could take it easy.
LadyPearl 08:45 AM 01-31-2014
I am also thinking about this. I'm not very far along but my previous pregnancies were rough toward the end. I'm anticipating similar issues and trying to determine how best to take care of myself and provide for the families that I work with.
MotherNature 09:21 AM 01-31-2014
I'm 10 weeks along & plan on going to the end & then taking my 2 weeks' paid vacation.
melilley 10:51 AM 01-31-2014
With my dd, I was in labor at work (worked in a center at the time), but didn't know it until I went to the hospital that night.

With my ds, I was at work and went to a dr. appt on my lunch and found out I had low fluids so I didn't go back to work (worked in a center) and went in two days later.

I wasn't uncomfortable at all during the last two pregnancies. If I was, I think I would have quit as soon as I couldn't take it anymore.
spud912 12:57 PM 01-31-2014
I am 10 weeks along with my 3rd and plan on working until the end also. I will be taking 2 weeks off for maternity.

I am wrought with morning sickness the first 4 months or so, so the third trimester always seems like a breeze in comparison. I actually get major bursts of energy the last month and start OCD cleaning everything and over-preparing. I tend to get fairly large (gaining 50 lbs with both of my first pregnancies), but it doesn't really stop me. Oh, and I worked until the day before with both of my other pregnancies (different profession but a lot of time on my feet).
Annalee 12:59 PM 01-31-2014
Originally Posted by spud912:
I am 10 weeks along with my 3rd and plan on working until the end also. I will be taking 2 weeks off for maternity.
I was blessed to work up until the day of delivery both times....off a week and back again. BUT I have an assistant so it wasn't that difficult to take it easy.
Tags:maternity leave, maternity leave contract, maternity leave letter, pregnancy, provider pregnancy, provider pregnant
Reply Up