Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No Show - Term right?
NillaWafers 07:55 AM 07-27-2015
I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Two weeks ago I had someone sign on for my last open spot. They couldn't start until today so it was totally fine with me, they paid the registration fee, but not their first weeks. I tried to contact them this entire weekend. Mom has a cellphone that has no voicemail set up, I called about 5-6 times wanting to confirm that Monday they would be coming and that tuition was due that day.

I never got in contact with her, I left a message with DCM's mother since she was there at the signup and would have been doing dropoffs, she didn't call me back either. It is now 30 minutes past the contracted dropoff time and she hasn't shown up - am I right for wanting to just say sorry - I held this spot for two weeks and if you're not gonna show on the first day we're not going through with this relationship? I will have two spots open, which is fortunate since I have two parents on my wait list needing exactly 2 spots. WWYD?
mommyneedsadayoff 08:01 AM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Two weeks ago I had someone sign on for my last open spot. They couldn't start until today so it was totally fine with me, they paid the registration fee, but not their first weeks. I tried to contact them this entire weekend. Mom has a cellphone that has no voicemail set up, I called about 5-6 times wanting to confirm that Monday they would be coming and that tuition was due that day.

I never got in contact with her, I left a message with DCM's mother since she was there at the signup and would have been doing dropoffs, she didn't call me back either. It is now 30 minutes past the contracted dropoff time and she hasn't shown up - am I right for wanting to just say sorry - I held this spot for two weeks and if you're not gonna show on the first day we're not going through with this relationship? I will have two spots open, which is fortunate since I have two parents on my wait list needing exactly 2 spots. WWYD?
I would not hesitate to term. And that would be because they are not responding. If you cannot get a hold of them now, imagine how it might be if you have their kid and there is an emergency or the kid gets sick or something? That would bug me. If you have two people who want the spot, then fill it with people who will show up and respond to your calls.
crazydaycarelady 08:38 AM 07-27-2015
If you can fill the spots then yeah - I'd move along.
MyAngels 08:46 AM 07-27-2015
I'd just move on to your wait list. You might also consider requiring at least a couple of weeks of fees before agreeing to hold a spot. I've never had anyone flake on me since I started charging a hefty deposit.
NillaWafers 08:50 AM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I'd just move on to your wait list. You might also consider requiring at least a couple of weeks of fees before agreeing to hold a spot. I've never had anyone flake on me since I started charging a hefty deposit.
Yeah, I do require a 2 week deposit, but she had just gotten a job so I was trying to be understanding about her money situation. honestly, I think either a) her job didn't work out or b) she overspent so she couldn't pay me so she just ignored me. Either way - don't want to deal with a DCM like that.
Thriftylady 09:13 AM 07-27-2015
I would move on.
NoMoreJuice! 09:13 AM 07-27-2015
Probably dodging a future bullet anyway!
NillaWafers 10:20 AM 07-27-2015
So the good news is one of the moms I had on the wait list definitely wants to sign up so I already have someone waiting to start on the 10th (just waiting on one of my kids last two weeks to be over). These kids are older which I really prefer anyway so it will really work out better.

Still can't believe the amount of flakes I have run into since starting this endeavor, haha.
Thriftylady 10:21 AM 07-27-2015
It is hard to sort though the flakes.
Reply Up