Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids That Are Physical With Each Other
Josiegirl 04:36 AM 09-16-2017
How do you curb that? I have an almost 4 yo dcb(still pretty new) and twin 3 yo dcgs. Dcb tweaked dcg's nose yesterday and she started crying. Ok first off, these girls cry over every single thing. Even their pretend play consists of crying. Needless to say their crying must get a lot of attention at home. Anyways, this dcb also pulled on 1 of the twins' straps the other day and the other twin ran over and scratched his face. Same twin also scratched me yesterday when she got mad at me. Twins are very physical with each other here and at home, wrestling around, pulling hair, etc., doesn't seem to be much for consequences from dcps, except trying to rationalize with them why we don't do this plus hugging and coddling. I don't believe in TO for much at all but I do firmly tell them we don't do that and it's not okay. I will separate them or hand out consequences to them.
So what else can I do or should I be treating them differently than I do?
Dcb is really pretty agreeable and a good kid; I'm thinking he sees what these dcgs are doing and is joining their actions.
flying_babyb 04:10 PM 09-16-2017
You hurt me,friend ect YOU sit out.
We had a child known as the mean kid cause he would hit, push and scratch. I would take his hand, say "That hurts me. I dont want to be hurt. You may read books till your ready to use your gentle touches" I used a firm voice, sat him in corner with a book or solo activity , Alone, then went back to hanging with the other kids. Was about a week and he figured out that he was missing out (and spending a lot of time off in the corner). Hes a great kid now!
Tags:aggressive behavior, physical
Reply Up