Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Recommendation For Kids' Yoga DVD?
Rockgirl 07:08 AM 10-17-2014
Anyone know of a good one? I know about the YouTube ones, but I don't have access to it in my playroom. I'd love one that isn't cheesy.
KatiesCorner 08:18 AM 10-17-2014
When I taught preschool, we used this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001DCXTM..._wgtqub1V4N166

I like the pace of it, it spends enough time on the pose that kids have time to get into it and stay in it without it jumping to the next one. It's a little cheesy in that way that kids tv is, but I feel like it still respects yoga instead of turning it into a game. I've only used this one, and one other so I don't have a ton to compare it too, but the other one used animal poses and would show clips of the animal and talk about them, and my kids lost focus on the yoga.
Rockgirl 08:23 AM 10-17-2014
I will check it out--thanks so much!
Meyou 09:21 AM 10-17-2014
Instead of a DVD check out Cosmic Kids on youtube. They have dozens of 15-20 minute yoga videos for preschoolers that tell a story with a moral and the kids act it out with all yoga poses. My munchkin love it.
Rockgirl 09:56 AM 10-17-2014
Thanks--I need a DVD, though....no YouTube in the playroom, except for my iPhone. I think it would be a bit difficult for everyone to see.
Ayadu84 02:55 AM 12-17-2018
Now days, it is possible to find shows for children online only. My sister has started watching shows by Andy Yeatman with her kids and she tells me a lot about the content and how the kids are grabbing good knowledge and information from the shows. It is indeed entertaining and educating.
Tags:kids yoga, yoga
Reply Up