Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Transportation-New Daycare
greenhouse 09:56 AM 10-27-2010
What do you do about transportation? Is it required to have a vehicle that can carry all the children at once? Do I need to plan on having to buy a larger vehicle before I open? If you do have a van, etc.- do you take your kids on field trips and how do parents handle this. Do you have permission slips for each outing or have it written into the contract?
thanks in advance!
Blackcat31 12:23 PM 10-27-2010
I do NOT do any transporting. I think you have to have a bigger insurance policy if you do...I dunno, but I don't transport. We hire the local bus/van company if we have field trips to go on or we walk.
DanceMom 12:28 PM 10-27-2010
I dont transport either, the liability is just to huge..only place we go to is the park which is within walking distance.

I couldnt imagine taking 8 toddlers on a field trip by myself anyways
SilverSabre25 05:21 PM 10-27-2010
No transportation here, either, except on Saturdays. I have one DCB I watch on Saturdays and the only way I was willing to take him was if we were still able to get out and run errands and stuff.
momofsix 05:46 PM 10-27-2010
Originally Posted by greenhouse:
What do you do about transportation? Is it required to have a vehicle that can carry all the children at once? Do I need to plan on having to buy a larger vehicle before I open? If you do have a van, etc.- do you take your kids on field trips and how do parents handle this. Do you have permission slips for each outing or have it written into the contract?
thanks in advance!
i used to transport to school and back, but now only do occasional field trips. i have a vehicle that seats 8, otherwise I couldn't do it. My car insurance didn't go up, but I do have a seperate daycare insurance through my car insurance guy.
newtodaycare22 06:46 PM 10-27-2010
I just bought an Expedition after being open since August. I only have 5 or less preschoolers on any given day and it's nice to be able to try different parks, head to the library, etc. It's definitely not required though. My insurance actually didn't go up-oddly enough.
mac60 04:31 AM 10-28-2010
Absolutely no tranporting anywhere here either. I don't want that liability.
MarinaVanessa 06:06 AM 10-28-2010
Not necessary but I do transport sometimes when I have four DCK's or less. We'll go to different parks etc. My insurance didn't go up either unless you count my rider when I added it to our homeowner's insurance. All of our insurances are from the same company however so we do get that multi-policy disccount. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.
Tags:liability, transportation
Reply Up