Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fiddler's
BentleysBands 02:59 AM 01-07-2011
I have a very big drama queen dcg who's 3. Comes in crying and leaves crying. Why? Cause she plays her parents especially mom like a fiddle! Gets what she wants all the time. From wanting to open the door, forgot a movie, wants to take her own coat off. Typical kid stuff. But she is so irritating. The whining comes in at 630am . Sad thing is lil brother can't do anything cuz Of dcg. Ex. Dcb wanted to be carried out yesterday at pickup by mom. Mom goes to pickup and dcg looses it so mom soothes dcb with a toy and picks up dcg. Wth?? The dcg wanted her craft we made but knew it was on r bulletin board for the month. Mom looks to me and asked can she just have it. I said no and why.she left pissed
Sorry but ur kid may play you but NOT ME. Dcg is normally fine all day here. Its just at d/o and p/u. Why can't parents just say no? Thanks for the vent
nikia 03:19 AM 01-07-2011
Oh I so understand your frustration. I have a 2 soon to be 3 year old dcg and she plays mom and dad too. It drives me crazy. Neither one says no she runs the show at home. Well not here she doesn't. She doesn't like to share and flips out when someone has a toy she wants. She listens to me but I can tell at home its her way. All about what she wants.

I don't understand it at all. I wish the parents would realize they are doing more damage than good. Kids need to be be told no.
Blackcat31 07:47 AM 01-07-2011
Had one (almost 4 yrs old) come in today hysterical and when I asked mom what was up she said "Oh, she is mad that I didn't let her unbuckle the seatbelt herself so I had to put her back in the van and rebuckle her so she could do it herself and she is still crying so I don't know what is up with her...." I'm like seriously?!?! I pu the child in quiet time area until she could calm down and then had a discussion with her about entering my house with a smile.....
I feel sorry for that mom...can you imagine the tantrums later in life when her daughter wants bigger things or has bigger issues??!!?!?!
nikia 07:50 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Had one (almost 4 yrs old) come in today hysterical and when I asked mom what was up she said "Oh, she is mad that I didn't let her unbuckle the seatbelt herself so I had to put her back in the van and rebuckle her so she could do it herself and she is still crying so I don't know what is up with her...." I'm like seriously?!?! I pu the child in quiet time area until she could calm down and then had a discussion with her about entering my house with a smile.....
I feel sorry for that mom...can you imagine the tantrums later in life when her daughter wants bigger things or has bigger issues??!!?!?!
WOW!!! I would never do that for my kids, what is the deal

I can only imagine what kind of problems some of these parents will have when these kids are teens, even before that now a days.
Unregistered 07:51 AM 01-07-2011
I totally agree with both of you. I have had the same problem many times. Parents just don't seem to want to be parents and parent anymore, they want to be their "Friend" and not the parent. I have had parents who will not use the word "NO" and think that they don't need to know that word. How are the kids supposed to learn if they are not told no sometimes. I have had parents who are so clueless on how to be a parent and let their kids get by with whatever they want because they just won't be firm. I had a set of parents who would bring their little girl without shoes and sometimes socks on, in the middle of winter, they would carry her in. I would say, so & so, where is your shoes, you should have them on, it is cold outside. The
Mother would say" She just would not let me put her shoes on this morning, she put up a fuss". For gosh sakes, who is the parent here? All she has to do is say, you will put your shoes on, or better yet, just put them on her herself and that's that.How hard is that!
I had another DCB who would not put his coat on when Mom came to pick him up, threw a fit, I would try to get it on him, but she would just grab the coat from me and say it's ok, the car is warm and then ran out the door, with the child with no coat on, Come on, it was very cold outside and parents wonder why their child gets sick! Now I will put coats on before parents get here, so their is not problems and they do get them on when I put them on, no problems.
Blackcat31 08:05 AM 01-07-2011
Oh and just so everyone can really be amazed at the parent in this scenario; she is a licensed child therapist who specializes in play-therapy and challenging behaviors!!!! just wanted to share the laugh....

You are definately not alone Bentleysbands!! I feel for you!
Zoe 08:51 AM 01-07-2011
Hi! First time poster! I love that there is such a great community here!

I have a two year old right now who's like that too! In the interview with the mom, she told me that she was still on a bottle because she didn't want to take it away. The girl is 2 1/2 and still has a bottle at home! The first two weeks the bottle came with her. I just put it straight into my fridge and then gave her a sippy cup. She didn't complain at all. The bottle no longer comes with the child. After the initial two weeks, all of her whining to get her way stopped. She realized that I wasn't going to give in like Mom! BTW, she drinks from an open cup now

The funny thing is, the first thing out of that girl's mouth when she's picked up is "I want my baba". And she demands it too with a firm voice! She isn't like that here! It's please, thank you, may I be excused...etc. Interesting how different a child can be when they no longer are able to call the shots and are held accountable for a good attitude!

Here's hoping your dcp sees how you are able to put your foot down and follows suit! Good for you!
E Daycare 10:11 AM 01-07-2011
"Oh, she is mad that I didn't let her unbuckle the seatbelt herself so I had to put her back in the van and rebuckle her so she could do it herself and she is still crying so I don't know what is up with her...."
Are you kidding me!! Wow I want to live with that parent because Ive been wanting everything and anything and it sounds like this one dishes it out. When the parent comes in, throw down for me and when she asks what youre doing tell her "Erin in Ohio wants 50$ and said I need to throw a fit until you send it to her".
Blackcat31 10:22 AM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by Erin's Daycare:
Are you kidding me!! Wow I want to live with that parent because Ive been wanting everything and anything and it sounds like this one dishes it out. When the parent comes in, throw down for me and when she asks what youre doing tell her "Erin in Ohio wants 50$ and said I need to throw a fit until you send it to her".
... seriously though, I'd ask for at least $100...this mom says she hates drama. She'd cave for sure!! I will keep you posted...
Tags:crying, drama queen, spoiled
Reply Up