Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Is Your Philosophy?
laceylmm 08:19 AM 09-18-2013
What is your business/daycare philosophy?
laceylmm 08:19 AM 09-18-2013
For instance, if a parent were to ask you this what would you say?
Unregistered 08:27 AM 09-18-2013
We play to learn and learn to play. I believe in child led learning especially w the under 5 kiddos.
crazydaycarelady 08:28 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by :
My goal as a licensed Child Care Provider is to provide your child with a clean, happy, loving, and safe home atmosphere where they can play and learn with guidance and loving care while you are at work. I will guide the children toward adolescence by reinforcing morals, manners, and proper behavior. Respect toward self, others, and environment will be emphasized.
This is what my contract says.
Willow 08:45 AM 09-18-2013
On the front of my parent handbook - "******* **** Childcare, Your Child's Home Away From Home!"

Kids deserve to be kids when they're little so I want their time with me to be just like going to grandma's house. All of our learning is done through play and play alone. I don't believe in strict curriculum or academic structuring for kids under the age of 5. That's the only age group I take.
Familycare71 08:46 AM 09-18-2013
My "motto" is: the benefit of daycare with the love of home

Overall- I want to be a place parents feel safe leaving their kids, and a place where kids feel safe being. I want it to be a place where kids can explore, learn and grow freely because they know I've got them- I will set limits and boundaries so they don't have to figure them out. I give lots of love, some flexibility and some structure. I embrace differences- I will love you for your quirks not despite them. My ultimate goal is to help raise awesome people!
Laurel 09:30 AM 09-18-2013
Originally Posted by Willow:
On the front of my parent handbook - "******* **** Childcare, Your Child's Home Away From Home!"

Kids deserve to be kids when they're little so I want their time with me to be just like going to grandma's house. All of our learning is done through play and play alone. I don't believe in strict curriculum or academic structuring for kids under the age of 5. That's the only age group I take.

Same here but I do tell them that that doesn't mean their child is not learning. Then I give them a stack of photos from the years showing us doing so many things both indoors and out. I tell them that by the time they leave they are well prepared for kindergarten.

Laurel

By a stack, I mean about 20 photos. Everything from playing with toys to painting to cooking, to counting on the floor with counters. Also outdoor photos.
melskids 10:15 AM 09-18-2013
I use a play based, child led, emergent curriculum based on the individual needs of each child. I am highly influenced by the Reggio Emilia approach, while also putting a great emphasis on social, emotional, and self help skills.
MotherNature 11:56 AM 09-18-2013
We're a child-led play based low ratio in-home daycare that focuses on gentle parenting methods, natural, organic food, toys & cleaners. We support breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering, baby led weaning for solids, homeopathy, and being a partner with parents in raising their children to be awesome people.
Nebula 09:02 PM 10-09-2013
“For each child that enters our home, we strive to welcome them to our family and embrace them as the gifts of God they are, so they may become well rounded and affluent members of society. Our vision is for each child to feel loved, cherished, and confident as they embrace life, and live out God’s plan for their life to the fullest”
Tags:daycare environment, handbook, philosophy
Reply Up