Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Sorry
Unregistered 07:29 AM 11-29-2013
Guess I'm one of the crappy parents providers are always complaining about. I took the week off for the holiday and if I hear my two year old whine, say no, or "I do it!" one more time, I'm gonna throw her out the window. I can't wait for Monday!! :-/
melonieb 11:25 AM 11-29-2013
Lol just breathe.
craftymissbeth 12:18 PM 11-29-2013
I took off for a four day weekend so I could spend time with my 6 yo son and he's driving me nuts. If I have to remind him one more time that he needs to pick up after himself he's going to be out the window with your daughter.

It's normal to get frustrated... they push our buttons. It's awesome that you took the week off. That right there says you're NOT a crappy parent
MarinaVanessa 07:13 PM 11-29-2013
Lol I got sick and my 3yo is driving me bonkers. I told my husband

ME: You're lucky we have two other kids.
DH: Why?
ME: Because I'm going to choke that child in a minute and we'll be down to two again.

It happens to the best of us. Children are supposed to drive us crazy. It's in their manual.
KidGrind 11:59 AM 11-30-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Guess I'm one of the crappy parents providers are always complaining about. I took the week off for the holiday and if I hear my two year old whine, say no, or "I do it!" one more time, I'm gonna throw her out the window. I can't wait for Monday!! :-/
You are not necessarily a crappy parent. You are human. As long as you don’t get mad at your provider when she/he needs a day off, you’re alright in my book. Monday is just around the corner.
Josiegirl 12:17 PM 11-30-2013
I took care of my midwife's 2 dds. I remember she told me once that when her oldest was 5 yo, she still loved her but she didn't like her much.
Believe me, we all have our good days and our bad days. I hope when we(providers) have our bad days, you(parents) are forgiving and understanding.
MyAngels 07:15 PM 11-30-2013
Actually, I think the parents that are complained about most often are the ones who take the week off and take their kids to daycare open to close anyway.

You sound like a perfectly normal parent of a toddler to me
melilley 07:18 PM 11-30-2013
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Actually, I think the parents that are complained about most often are the ones who take the week off and take their kids to daycare open to close anyway.

This is what I was thinking!
daycarediva 10:28 AM 12-02-2013
Originally Posted by MyAngels:

Me too!

My suggestions for Christmas break: Take her outside. It tires them out.

Also, I hope you appreciate your provider! We have that, times 6 (+) daily. It's a TOUGH job to do and do well. I had a trying week last week and was in an hourly countdown to Wednesday evening. My dh said "How many hours until kid free?" and I said "I can't count that high! When does (our youngest) go to college?" and he laughed....then I made him take our kids sledding, by himself.
thetoddlerwhisper 10:34 AM 12-02-2013
sound like a normal parent to me. your one of the good ones. the bad ones are the ones who bring them while theyre off work
Unregistered 03:43 PM 12-02-2013
OH, I love her and truly enjoy my time with her, but I don't know how you guys do it. I am so one and done- I can't imagine having two, let alone six or seven at a time! It didn't help that we celebrated Hanukah this weekend along with Thanksgiving- she was spoiled to death. Woke up this morning asking where her surprise today was!

She's in a small center, but she's had the same teachers forever- they're all very appreciated!
kindertouch 02:58 AM 12-22-2013
Sounds like a normal parent to me too. Our kids can really get to our nerves sometimes, testing the extent of our patience. Take a break and breathe, you deserve some rest.
Tags:overwhelmed
Reply Up