Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Decorating
JeepGirl6 12:04 PM 11-22-2013
This is off topic but I need to figure out what I should do. We are having Thanksgiving for our families at our house this year. My husbands family at 1:00, my family at 4:00. I am wanting to decorate for Christmas already, am I crazy :-) I didnt know if I should try to focus on Thanksgiving decorations or if its okay to have all of our Christmas decorations up. Opinions??

Do any of you put your Christmas decor up before Thanksgiving?
Brooksie 12:13 PM 11-22-2013
Wait, you're hosting 2 separate thanksgivings? Girl, you're crazy! lol If you want to decorate for Christmas go for it!
JeepGirl6 12:29 PM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Wait, you're hosting 2 separate thanksgivings? Girl, you're crazy! lol If you want to decorate for Christmas go for it!

Yea :-) We are ordering our Thanksgiving dinner for my husbands side & picking it up the evening before so I wont have to cook for them. I am making mash potatoes & cheesy potatoes for my side, my mom is bringing a turkey & pies & family members are bringing a dish.
Brooksie 12:32 PM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by JeepGirl6:
Yea :-) We are ordering our Thanksgiving dinner for my husbands side & picking it up the evening before so I wont have to cook for them. I am making mash potatoes & cheesy potatoes for my side, my mom is bringing a turkey & pies & family members are bringing a dish.
Oh that's not so bad. Still! More power to ya.
Meeko 06:39 PM 11-22-2013
Do what YOU want!!! If anybody doesn't like it, oh well!

I always decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving Day, Friday and over the weekend.

I cook as much ahead as I can.

I get up early, put on Christmas music, watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and start decorating. I don't decorate except for one or two items for other holidays the rest of the year. But I decorate BIG TIME for Christmas.

I am in my element as I LOVE to do it. Every single room gets a makeover. The outside of the house gets decked out too.

I'm counting down the hours!
littlemissmuffet 11:21 PM 11-22-2013
I usually start Christmas or "winter" decorating the day after Halloween
CrackerJacks 12:29 AM 11-23-2013
I would DO IT! I'm hosting Turkey Day for my family as well, and my DD and I just started decorating this evening. We have just about everything up except for our lights and the ornaments on the tree, which we will wait to do the day after Thanksgiving.
Lorri 01:38 PM 11-24-2013
Mine haas been up for two weeks.
Reply Up