Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Greenhouse For Winter Outdoor Warm Up Spot?
Mom2Two 06:14 PM 10-26-2017
I have been dreaming about adding on a sunroom...but I've realized that a greenhouse would be much less expensive, and a portable one would be even better to not take up space during the warmer weather.

So what do you all think? There are hoop houses and all kinds of options on Amazon. I've never actually owned a greenhouse before. Does it sound helpful? Any tips?
Attached: Greenhouse pop up.jpg (18.1 KB) 
Cat Herder 05:11 AM 10-27-2017
Neighborhood cats, possums, falling limbs, strong winds and stray dogs became issues with mine. I'd recommend checking out the metal ones with a plywood floor. Cover with foam floor tiles and you are golden.
Attached: green house.jpg (29.7 KB) 
Cat Herder 05:17 AM 10-27-2017
https://smile.amazon.com/DuraMax-801...A3GBOL1M9JVKZS - Forgot the link

The time limit is too short.
Mom2Two 11:55 AM 10-27-2017
The Facebook gardener group thought the frame/plastic sheeting kind wouldn't hold up under snow and wind. Then I found this one--domes are better with wind and snow.
Attached: Dome Greenhouse.jpg (85.9 KB) 
Mom2Two 11:56 AM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Neighborhood cats, possums, falling limbs, strong winds and stray dogs became issues with mine. I'd recommend checking out the metal ones with a plywood floor. Cover with foam floor tiles and you are golden.
Would the floor be to keep animals from tunneling under? I know that I've thought of mice hanging out. I had thought of putting Fall leaves inside of it (we have a lot of those), but the mice would find it for sure.

What was the one like that you had problems with? Meaning, what was the construction like?
Cat Herder 12:44 PM 10-27-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Would the floor be to keep animals from tunneling under? I know that I've thought of mice hanging out. I had thought of putting Fall leaves inside of it (we have a lot of those), but the mice would find it for sure.

What was the one like that you had problems with? Meaning, what was the construction like?
Thick vinyl plastic walls, barn peaked PVC frame with pea gravel substrate. It did not last one season before it was chewed and dug through. Duct tape worked until they started making more holes. A limb also poked a hole up top causing it to leak, as well.
Tags:greenhouse, outdoor play, winter
Reply Up