Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 PM

Default Sitter City?

Just wondering if anyone advertises on Sitter City or if it's really just geared for "regular" baby-sitters, not in-home daycares. I don't really want "normal" babysitting jobs...I'm just trying to come up with more places to advertise!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
Just wondering if anyone advertises on Sitter City or if it's really just geared for "regular" baby-sitters, not in-home daycares. I don't really want "normal" babysitting jobs...I'm just trying to come up with more places to advertise!
I use that and care.com. I had a couple hits from each but they were for infants, weekend care and evening care which I do not supply care for.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25 View Post
I LOVE sittercity and care.com. However I am mainly looking for babysitting jobs on the weekends.

I will say that I have recieved more "clients" from sittercity than I did from care.com
Old 05-15-2011, 08:30 AM

OT but relevant.

I listed my daycare on here (daycare.com) recently because I was curious and figured I may as well since both of my "competition" are listed on here. I don't have any openings, but you never know what the future will bring in this business.

I had the first call within one hour of hitting submit . By the end of the 5 day work week there had been 11 calls total. All wanting full-time care.

Three were placed on my wait list since they were looking for exactly what I offer (everything ). All were also referred to my "competition" and given a list of local resources and CCR&R's.

Not a bad gig for all of us in this sleepy/hidden community. We are off the beaten track of a major city and in the opposite direction of most locals commute. Exactly where I like to be.

Of course now I have to turn the ringer off / machine on during naptime and weekends....
Old 05-15-2011, 09:13 AM
All powerful, all knowing daycare whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherder View Post
OT but relevant.

I listed my daycare on here (daycare.com) recently because I was curious and figured I may as well since both of my "competition" are listed on here. I don't have any openings, but you never know what the future will bring in this business.

I had the first call within one hour of hitting submit . By the end of the 5 day work week there had been 11 calls total. All wanting full-time care.

Three were placed on my wait list since they were looking for exactly what I offer (everything ). All were also referred to my "competition" and given a list of local resources and CCR&R's.

Not a bad gig for all of us in this sleepy/hidden community. We are off the beaten track of a major city and in the opposite direction of most locals commute. Exactly where I like to be.

Of course now I have to turn the ringer off / machine on during naptime and weekends....
That's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I have one going off to Kindy in the fall so hopefully mine will be ringing off the wall too
Old 05-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
OT but relevant.

In your opinion: do you think advertising on here would work for someone like me? I am a private nanny who is just looking for side jobs on the weekends. Then July 2012 I will be looking for full time work as the family I work for is moving

I don't want to bother Michael for something so silly

Thanks catherder!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Teacher View Post
In your opinion: do you think advertising on here would work for someone like me? I am a private nanny who is just looking for side jobs on the weekends. Then July 2012 I will be looking for full time work as the family I work for is moving

I don't want to bother Michael for something so silly

Thanks catherder!
It should . Especially if you put "Nanny" in your listed business name somehow. I know my parents would LOVE to have someone like you available so they are not so reliant on their family for weekend/night things. I'd probably beg you to work out a deal with my clients, too.

Nobody around here offers that, it is a VERY needed service. I can't because I have 3 kids of my own still in the house and I'd like to keep my husband around.

When you list it here it lets you put in your hours of operation and a paragraph about yourself. The parents then look for you by typing in their zipcode and clicking on your business name for more information.

It was pretty painless. I was impressed.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
It should . Especially if you put "Nanny" in your listed business name somehow. I know my parents would LOVE to have someone like you available so they are not so reliant on their family for weekend/night things. I'd probably beg you to work out a deal with my clients, too.

Nobody around here offers that, it is a VERY needed service. I can't because I have 3 kids of my own still in the house and I'd like to keep my husband around.

When you list it here it lets you put in your hours of operation and a paragraph about yourself. The parents then look for you by typing in their zipcode and clicking on your business name for more information.

It was pretty painless. I was impressed.
Ok great thanks! (hugs)
Old 05-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
OT but relevant.

I have beeen listed on daycarematch.com for one year and got nothing
I also posted on here and got NOThing, but mad. They posetd my address which I asked for it to be removed several times, and after a month it was finally removed but then when you typed in my zip code, my daycare did not come up. it was showing up in a different city....so no more paying sites for me. stinks
Old 05-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Child Care Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
I have beeen listed on daycarematch.com for one year and got nothing
I also posted on here and got NOThing, but mad. They posetd my address which I asked for it to be removed several times, and after a month it was finally removed but then when you typed in my zip code, my daycare did not come up. it was showing up in a different city....so no more paying sites for me. stinks
This happened on our daycare site? I will have to go search my area again. I know last time I checked I think they did have addresses, but I'll go look again.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:57 PM

I had 3 more calls today from here... one for a set of newborn girls.

I wish!! That would be so much fun!!!! I am ************ heavy these days....

Test-to-sterone is a bad word??

Yeah, it does show your address, but my state already publishes that and GPS wont take you to my house. It swears I live in an old barn down by the stables a couple miles away...

Last edited by Cat Herder; 05-16-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: adding
Old 05-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Lol I tried to type it once and I couldn't hahaha

Tags
babysitter