Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Um...What Did You Just Say!? Just For Fun
Dia 12:02 PM 03-06-2014
So, what are some things you have heard come out of dck's mouths that you NEVER would have heard 15 or so years ago...... (Not bad things, just things that would not have been mentioned by toddlers/preschoolers, as far as technology and things)

These are two I have heard this week and this is what got me thinking.

-(2.5 dcg) Me: "come on, it's time to go potty" dcg "I don't wanna" me "well you can not want to while your sitting on the potty" dcg "I WANNA TEXT MY MAMA" Really?!

-(4.5 DCB) " do you have tinker bell?" Me: "the movie? No, we don't" DCB " WELL WHY DONT YOU JUST DOWNLOAD IT? Me "yeah sure, I'll get right on it"
drseuss 12:08 PM 03-06-2014
Never thought I'd hear a perfectly innocent three year old girl singing about 'what you have to do if you wanna get wit me'.
Heidi 12:14 PM 03-06-2014
My 2.5 year old says "Oh S-H-I-T!" about 30 times a day... His pronounciation on most stuff is a little garbled yet, but EVERY adult he's come in contact with has heard it quite clearly.
NeedaVaca 12:17 PM 03-06-2014
If I ever say I'm not sure about something or anything close they all say "Google it"
ihop 12:18 PM 03-06-2014
2.5yo dcg on her first day when I went to put on signing time, saw the red Netflix screen and started saying "oh my goodness gracious I love Netflix" and rattling off all of the shows she watches on it. Also, I have a surface tablet and she is allllways checking in with me to see where I put my iPad.
Leanna 12:21 PM 03-06-2014
DCB 4, speaking lovingly of his older brother, "J- is da bomb!"

DCG, 5 asked if we could watch a certain show. I explained that I don't have cable and don't get the channel the show came on. "That's ok," she says, "It's on Netflix!"

DCG, 4, "I have an app..."
Jack Sprat 12:25 PM 03-06-2014
DCB 2 yrs old - We eated Tinkerbell last night..

DCB 5 yrs old - Yeah we are eating Woody this weekend..

Both these boys families raise cattle!
Heidi 12:38 PM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
DCB 2 yrs old - We eated Tinkerbell last night..

DCB 5 yrs old - Yeah we are eating Woody this weekend..

Both these boys families raise cattle!
okay then, I just became a vegetarian!

mountainside13 07:31 AM 03-07-2014
I bought a tool set this weekend and 3.5 year old was playing with them on Monday. He was shuffling through them getting confused! I asked him what's the matter? "Where do the batteries go? They don't make noise!" They don't need batteries! "Where you you plug it in at?"

Thanks nannyde for the article you wrote about batteries!
craftymissbeth 08:28 AM 03-07-2014
My 5 yo niece came in one day and saw my vacuum "*gasp* you have a shark?!?!" Apparently she likes to watch QVC

My 21 mo dcg who is just starting to talk told me yesterday clear as day "you SO silly, B!"
daycare 08:50 AM 03-07-2014
one of the funniest yet is when one of my dcks age 3.5 (Huge infatuation with the toy story movie) comes in after Christmas yelling

I got a big ol' buzz and a giant woody for Christmas..

the parent and I almost fell over.
Blackcat31 09:13 AM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
one of the funniest yet is when one of my dcks age 3.5 (Huge infatuation with the toy story movie) comes in after Christmas yelling

I got a big ol' buzz and a giant woody for Christmas..

the parent and I almost fell over.
I re-tell this story a lot to embarrass my now young adult daughter....

Way back when she was young and Rug Rats was a super popular kids TV show, she was obsessed with them.

Well one Christmas, she had her heart set on getting doll from the show.

She was about 3 at the time.

She was visiting Santa at the mall and he asked her what she wanted for Christmas and in front of a SUPER long line of other parents waiting....she announces SUPER loudly

"I want a Dil doll. A big one!"

You can only imagine what that really sounded like!

This is what she wanted:

Lianne 10:22 AM 03-07-2014
The other day I took in a foster cat and her two newborn kittens. The kids and I were visiting with the cat/kittens and talked about and even watched the mother cat nursing her babies. The next day the 2.5yr old reminded me that baby kitties drink milk from the mommy cat's pickles......

This is a couple years old but I had two three year olds who, one day, were playing with the Little People. This was their conversation

L:The daddy is taking the baby to the store (in the car), vroom
A: No! The mommy has to take the baby to the store!
L: No, the daddy is!
A: No, the mommy is!
L: No, the daddy!
A: No, the mommy has to take the baby to the store 'cause daddies don't stop for erections

She meant directions and she was right, on both counts...
craftymissbeth 10:29 AM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by Lianne:
The other day I took in a foster cat and her two newborn kittens. The kids and I were visiting with the cat/kittens and talked about and even watched the mother cat nursing her babies. The next day the 2.5yr old reminded me that baby kitties drink milk from the mommy cat's pickles......

This is a couple years old but I had two three year olds who, one day, were playing with the Little People. This was their conversation

L:The daddy is taking the baby to the store (in the car), vroom
A: No! The mommy has to take the baby to the store!
L: No, the daddy is!
A: No, the mommy is!
L: No, the daddy!
A: No, the mommy has to take the baby to the store 'cause daddies don't stop for erections

She meant directions and she was right, on both counts...

KDC 11:19 AM 03-07-2014
My two favorites;

DCB age 3 - We went to the "titty bar place".
me: What???
DCB - "The TITTY BAR PLACE"
me... thinking... Ahhh you went to Build-a-bear!

DCB... You have the new batman? You are SEWISLY Fweaking me out!
Dia 07:41 AM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by mountainside13:
I bought a tool set this weekend and 3.5 year old was playing with them on Monday. He was shuffling through them getting confused! I asked him what's the matter? "Where do the batteries go? They don't make noise!" They don't need batteries! "Where you you plug it in at?"

Thanks nannyde for the article you wrote about batteries!
4.5 dcb picks up small plastic dinosaur

dcb "hey, what does this do?"
me "it's a toy, you play with it"
dcb "but it doesn't do anything" (examining toy)
me "it's a toy, you play with it and pretend that it is doing things"
dcb "oh, I guess maybe it's broken, or maybe it just needs batteries or something"

Geez....... cant wait to see the world when this crew starts having kids
Is it bedtime yet? 08:36 AM 03-08-2014
DCG age 5~I guess your housekeeper didn't come this week, your room is a mess!
daycare 08:57 AM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Way back when she was young and Rug Rats was a super popular kids TV show, she was obsessed with them.

She was visiting Santa at the mall and he asked her what she wanted for Christmas and in front of a SUPER long line of other parents waiting....she announces SUPER loudly

This is what she wanted:

lol hahhahahahahahahh that is soooooo funny..............
Starburst 08:25 PM 03-08-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

This is what she wanted:

Ha, I loved Rugrats when I was a kid. Though My favorite character was Chucky and I did have a doll of him (and Tommy) but Looking back now, adults acted weird when I told them I had a Chucky doll, they would probably think I was talking about the killer doll (though it is kind of a weird coincidence that they both are red heads... )

But one time at my old job, it was graduation day and I was watching one of the graduates (end of the day) waiting for her mom to pick her up and letting the daycare owner and her daughter get dressed for the ceremony. We were talking and she was talking about boo-boos all of a sudden. Then she asked me "do you like having boobies?" I asked her again what she said because I though I misheard her but she said it again. I took a minute because I wasn't sure how to respond and then she realized what she said "I meant, do you like having BOO-BOOs!" with an embarrassed look on her face
Michelle 08:23 AM 03-09-2014
My 2 year old DS was obsessed with trains and he loved to connect trains together a run them all over the house.
Well his trains broke along with the connectors.

So, my mother in law came in my house and my son said " Nanny, can I have a hooker for Christmas?" (that's what he called the connectors)

She choked on her coffee laughing so hard

Tags:funny, just for fun, kid quotes
Reply Up