Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Fever Question
DancingQueen 10:23 AM 12-02-2010
Live and Learn made a good point about my handbook

What is your fever rule? At what temp do they have to go home?

My State licensing states that
Originally Posted by :
A family day care provider may choose to continue caring for a mildly ill child under the following circumstances:
(1)
The child does not have a fever exceeding 101 degrees F, more than one undiagnosed episode of diarrhea or vomiting, or an undiagnosed skin rash.
So I went with 101. I asked my previous provider what she did about diarhhea too and she said that she allowed 2 diapers like that and the 3rd one parents go called - so I've gone with that rule of thumb as well.
DancingQueen 10:24 AM 12-02-2010
and which temple thermometer does everyone have?
marniewon 10:32 AM 12-02-2010
My max temp is 100, and then parents are called.

I have an ear thermometer, but thinking I'm going to go with something different - yesterday I took dcb's temp 4 times and got 95.4!! Took my own temp and it was normal. I don't think those things fit into baby's ears all that well.
momma2girls 10:35 AM 12-02-2010
I have under 100 degrees is fine. Many children have a low grade temp. if they are teething at times. If it is over 100 degrees, there is something brewing inside the little one. I also have one diarreah diaper, then the parents are called.
TGT09 10:51 AM 12-02-2010
I used to do any fever at all but now do 100. Anything above they go home. Diarrhea, on the second diaper I call mom.

I LOVE my temporal thermometer from Walmart. It was like $35 and the brand is Exergen. I've only had it a few weeks but it seems very accurate!
misol 12:01 PM 12-02-2010
Temp over 101
Diarrhea more than 2 times (regardless of cause)
Vomiting more than 1 time (regardless of cause)

Cannot return the following day if sent home sick. Must be excluded until symptom free without the aid of medication.
momma2girls 12:05 PM 12-02-2010
Originally Posted by misol:
Temp over 101
Diarrhea more than 2 times (regardless of cause)
Vomiting more than 1 time (regardless of cause)

Cannot return the following day if sent home sick. Must be excluded until symptom free without the aid of medication.
I added this in my contract as well, about cannot return the next day.
Lilbutterflie 12:09 PM 12-02-2010
Mine is 100.4. No vomiting, no diarrhea. I may let them slide with just one case of diarrhea, but if a child has vomited just once they are sent home.
SimpleMom 12:14 PM 12-02-2010
101. and/or fussy and otherwise unable to participate in the days activities.
Tags:fever, temperature
Reply Up