Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>KidKare Issues Etc
MissAnn 05:18 PM 12-16-2016
Just several hours for parents to begin getting my invoices. Only a few got them and those cannot pay because they say it shows there is nothing due. On my end it shows a normal invoice with the weekly amount due. Most parents are not bringing their kids next week because of Christmas vacation! I really need to get this fixed. I need to be paid!
MarinaVanessa 01:40 PM 12-19-2016
I'm now having this same issue
AmyKidsCo 01:42 PM 12-19-2016
I was just poking around KK and noticed that there's a random person assigned to ALL of my kids as guardian - and Primary Guardian for my grandson. Her name is Erin Markwart - erin@theblossomtree.org. I've NEVER heard of her before, and since her contact info isn't related to KK I don't think it's one of their people.

I called her and left a message and will contact KK next. If you switched to KK you might want to check your kids' contacts too!
MarinaVanessa 01:48 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I was just poking around KK and noticed that there's a random person assigned to ALL of my kids as guardian - and Primary Guardian for my grandson. Her name is Erin Markwart - erin@theblossomtree.org. I've NEVER heard of her before, and since her contact info isn't related to KK I don't think it's one of their people.

I called her and left a message and will contact KK next. If you switched to KK you might want to check your kids' contacts too!
I noticed that one parent's info is now attached to all of my current and previously withdrawn clients accounts. According to KK a child's dad is also the dad/guardian to all of my daycare kids
Blackcat31 01:48 PM 12-19-2016
I have been merging the multiple threads regarding KidKare simply because the number of threads has become overwhelming and since they all have to do with issues in regards to using KidKare they can all be posted here in this thread for one easy reference section.

Hopefully, it will help keep everything in one place verses having to search multiple threads for an answer.
MissAnn 02:44 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I'm now having this same issue
Do a ticket. I didn't fix the issue.....I sent in a ticket Friday and today the invoices resent themselves and parents could pay! They must have fixed it.
NillaWafers 03:28 PM 12-19-2016
I wonder if that's the issue I'm having, one parent said they could see the invoice but that there was nowhere to pay. Maybe the invoice didn't have an amount attached to it so it wouldn't put the button up.

I also had recurring invoices set to go and they never did.
MissAnn 05:14 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by NillaWafers:
I wonder if that's the issue I'm having, one parent said they could see the invoice but that there was nowhere to pay. Maybe the invoice didn't have an amount attached to it so it wouldn't put the button up.

I also had recurring invoices set to go and they never did.
Sounds like the same issue. For me the parents that invoice that looks normal. Once they clicked to it would say they own zero but also in place of where their name was supposed to go was the place they worked instead. There was nowhere for them to click to actually pay.
AmyKidsCo 06:16 PM 12-19-2016
I noticed that one parent's info is now attached to all of my current and previously withdrawn clients accounts. According to KK a child's dad is also the dad/guardian to all of my daycare kids
I now have a second unknown "guardian" listed - this one with a phone number of (111) 111-1111. And many of my kids are listed as "Paid by County/State" and "Hispanic or Latino" when neither of those are true. Plus the gender is wrong for half of them... I'm so frustrated.
AmyKidsCo 06:33 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Do a ticket. I didn't fix the issue.....I sent in a ticket Friday and today the invoices resent themselves and parents could pay! They must have fixed it.
I submitted a ticket last week about withdrawn children showing up as active and there's no change or response yet.
AmyKidsCo 08:27 PM 12-19-2016
I'm about ready to look into other programs. Now when I update parent information I get an error: "The given key was not present in the dictionary."

Not to mention I can't edit some of the child information I need to. I knew there would be a learning curve, but I expected that the major bugs would be worked out before it went live. At least I'm not paying for it until February!
MarinaVanessa 09:33 AM 12-20-2016
I submitted a ticket last week about withdrawn children showing up as active and there's no change or response yet.
Oh yeah, I have this problem too
And I haven't gotten a response either.
NillaWafers 09:36 AM 12-20-2016
I have submitted FOUR tickets in the past three days. Most recently, when I try to record a payment it says it can't find the invoice.

I would like to use minute menu until these bugs are worked out. They are obviously unprepared and it's frustrating me I can't get paid because they aren't attentive.

Or at the very least they need to refund a portion of my money because this is definitely NOT what I am paying for.
MissAnn 10:38 AM 12-20-2016
I have submitted FOUR tickets in the past three days. Most recently, when I try to record a payment it says it can't find the invoice.

I would like to use minute menu until these bugs are worked out. They are obviously unprepared and it's frustrating me I can't get paid because they aren't attentive.

Or at the very least they need to refund a portion of my money because this is definitely NOT what I am paying for.
They need to fix it on their end. I got the same error message. I think the migration of info got screwed up. When my parents tried to pay it said You are logged in as (then it gave the name of their place employment). When I tried to enter a check it gave the error message you got. I think it was because of the name mixup. I don't know why I got results faster...maybe I just got my ticket in before the mob!
badger411 12:40 PM 12-20-2016
ALL of my kids migrated over as Hispanic and Male. All of my withdrawn kids show up in my active kids list with no way to withdraw them, since they already show a withdrawn date and don't have a "withdraw" button. I can't post ANY payments to ANY parents because it gives me a "nullable object must have information" error. Two of my kids migrated over with no parent information, which has since corrected. The emergency contact for one of my kids attached itself as a guardian to ALL of my other kids. The amount of expenses I have entered into MM (before my account was LOCKED and access was denied) are different than the amount of the expenses that migrated into KK. My time-space % is 60% in MM, but migrated over to KK as 20%.

I got the "given key isn't in the dictionary" error, and found that if you push the update button again, it posts the information.

Do your invoices automatically fill in billing rate and hours for the invoice period? Because I am finding that I have to figure hours by hand and fill in the hourly rate for each invoice. If that is going to be the case, why bother to pay for software?

I have submitted AT LEAST 7 tickets in the last 2 weeks, with NO action. I have contacted Tom Copeland, since he was pushing KK so hard in his blog. I was scheduled to have a phone call from a person with KK last Friday, but it never came, they didn't call on Monday, and they haven't called so far on Tuesday.

This website should NEVER have been made public at this point. It is basically still in beta testing, and should never have made it out of the lab with this many errors.
AmyKidsCo 01:12 PM 12-20-2016
Originally Posted by badger411:
This website should NEVER have been made public at this point. It is basically still in beta testing, and should never have made it out of the lab with this many errors.
Agreed!!

Did you notice when you click Add Contact it has "Adress" instead of "Address"? Granted, a small thing, but still...
MarinaVanessa 03:06 PM 12-20-2016
2 Tickets sent to KK since last week and these are all of the issues that I am having (with still no response or fixes)

1. My MMK Pro subscription is paid up until September 2017 and I was under the impression that if I tried KidKare I would still be able to use MMK Pro until my subscription expired. Now I am unable to add or edit anything in MMK Pro and my MMK Pro account says that my subscription is expired yet my KK account shows that my $8/month begins in September 2017.

2. My Kids: even though previously withdrawn children are marked as withdrawn they all show up in My Kids even when the filter only has "active" highlighted.

3. All of my enrolled and withdrawn children by default are marked as participating in the CACFP (even though I checked the option that said that I DO NOT participate in the food program when I first signed up for KK), that their pay source is paid by County/State (which no current clients are and most of my previous clients have never been), that their ethnicity is not Hispanic or Latino (which all of my current clients are and most of my previous clients were) and that they are all male (even the females).

4. I cannot enter payments whether in cash or by check but I was able to earlier today. I now get an error message that says "Nullable object must have a value").

5. Clients can't pay their invoices online. There is nothing on the page that tells them how much to pay.

6. The Check in/Out screen lists currently enrolled and withdrawn children, it should only list currently enrolled children.

7. In MMK Pro when I manually created new invoices the client's rate information was saved. In KK their billing info is not saved and does not auto-fill so I have to look up their rates in their files (all of my clients pay different rates based on their hours) and enter them manually each time.

8. When creating a new invoice withdrawn children are listed in the "Select Child" drop down menu even though the "Include Withdrawn Children" is set to "no".

9. In MMK Pro when I entered a payment for a client that was paying for multiple invoices I could select the first invoice and enter the total for the entire check covering all invoices and it would automatically ask if I wanted the extra balance to be paid towards the next invoice. In KK this is not possible. Also if a client pays me more than the balance they owe KK does not accept the amount and does not consider it a credit to apply towards the following invoice like MMK does. This is a problem because if this happens either my clients have to pay me exact amounts or I will have to keep money on hand so that I can give them change.

10. There is currently no way to tell in KK what a client's total balance is if they have multiple invoices, only the balance of each individual invoice.

11. A current parent shows as a guardian of pretty much every single child that is either current or withdrawn and his name and email address is on the other children's accounts.

12. None of my vehicle data migrated.

13. There is no way to make a withdrawn child active again so I would have to re-register a drop-in, sporadic or returning child again which I assume would create duplicates in the program (multiple children with the same name etc).

14. Also in "Add Contact" it says "Adress" instead of "Address"

When I recently submitted my last ticket I made sure to mention that LOTS of providers are fed up. I just want them to unlock my MMK Pro subscription and let me go back to using that instead of KK.
MissAnn 03:49 PM 12-20-2016
Kid Kare has a Facebook page. I sent a PM message yesterday and got a response today. I asked about the credit problem… That if a parent paid in cash more than their invoice amount it should be credited to the next invoice. The message I got back and said they are working on adding this.
MarinaVanessa 04:32 PM 12-20-2016
I sent them a message too. Let's see what happens.
NillaWafers 09:48 AM 12-21-2016
So if you don't get a confirmation email that your ticket was created, it got lost in the void somewhere. I talked to them on Fb and they submitted it manually for me since it wasn't going through.

They also said they pushed out an update today. This seemed to fix my issue with recording payments. Not sure about the online payment, I texted my parents to see if it's working now.
AmyKidsCo 11:49 AM 12-21-2016
So if you don't get a confirmation email that your ticket was created, it got lost in the void somewhere. I talked to them on Fb and they submitted it manually for me since it wasn't going through.

They also said they pushed out an update today. This seemed to fix my issue with recording payments. Not sure about the online payment, I texted my parents to see if it's working now.
I hope it fixes a bunch of stuff. I've got all the same issues as MarinaVanessa.

I've been afraid to try a practice invoice - is it complicated? I send out January invoices Monday through MMK then realized that info won't transfer to KK so I'll have to redo them in KK.

I really regret switching right now.
badger411 12:01 PM 12-21-2016
2 Tickets sent to KK since last week and these are all of the issues that I am having (with still no response or fixes)

1. My MMK Pro subscription is paid up until September 2017 and I was under the impression that if I tried KidKare I would still be able to use MMK Pro until my subscription expired. Now I am unable to add or edit anything in MMK Pro and my MMK Pro account says that my subscription is expired yet my KK account shows that my $8/month begins in September 2017.

2. My Kids: even though previously withdrawn children are marked as withdrawn they all show up in My Kids even when the filter only has "active" highlighted.

3. All of my enrolled and withdrawn children by default are marked as participating in the CACFP (even though I checked the option that said that I DO NOT participate in the food program when I first signed up for KK), that their pay source is paid by County/State (which no current clients are and most of my previous clients have never been), that their ethnicity is not Hispanic or Latino (which all of my current clients are and most of my previous clients were) and that they are all male (even the females).

4. I cannot enter payments whether in cash or by check but I was able to earlier today. I now get an error message that says "Nullable object must have a value").

5. Clients can't pay their invoices online. There is nothing on the page that tells them how much to pay.

6. The Check in/Out screen lists currently enrolled and withdrawn children, it should only list currently enrolled children.

7. In MMK Pro when I manually created new invoices the client's rate information was saved. In KK their billing info is not saved and does not auto-fill so I have to look up their rates in their files (all of my clients pay different rates based on their hours) and enter them manually each time.

8. When creating a new invoice withdrawn children are listed in the "Select Child" drop down menu even though the "Include Withdrawn Children" is set to "no".

9. In MMK Pro when I entered a payment for a client that was paying for multiple invoices I could select the first invoice and enter the total for the entire check covering all invoices and it would automatically ask if I wanted the extra balance to be paid towards the next invoice. In KK this is not possible. Also if a client pays me more than the balance they owe KK does not accept the amount and does not consider it a credit to apply towards the following invoice like MMK does. This is a problem because if this happens either my clients have to pay me exact amounts or I will have to keep money on hand so that I can give them change.

10. There is currently no way to tell in KK what a client's total balance is if they have multiple invoices, only the balance of each individual invoice.

11. A current parent shows as a guardian of pretty much every single child that is either current or withdrawn and his name and email address is on the other children's accounts.

12. None of my vehicle data migrated.

13. There is no way to make a withdrawn child active again so I would have to re-register a drop-in, sporadic or returning child again which I assume would create duplicates in the program (multiple children with the same name etc).

14. Also in "Add Contact" it says "Adress" instead of "Address"

When I recently submitted my last ticket I made sure to mention that LOTS of providers are fed up. I just want them to unlock my MMK Pro subscription and let me go back to using that instead of KK.
I just canceled my subscription to KK. I received several EXTREMELY RUDE responses to my tickets, basically telling me I was making the problems up, that they had already been corrected. I certainly hope that the problems get resolved before we are forced to migrate in October. I will be looking very seriously for a different software to use.
badger411 12:02 PM 12-21-2016
I hope it fixes a bunch of stuff. I've got all the same issues as MarinaVanessa.

I've been afraid to try a practice invoice - is it complicated? I send out January invoices Monday through MMK then realized that info won't transfer to KK so I'll have to redo them in KK.

I really regret switching right now.
You can still cancel your KK subscription and go back to MMK Pro. You will have to re-enter all of the information you posted since your migration, but IMHO, it would be worth it.
badger411 12:06 PM 12-21-2016
It would seem to me that the programmers are completely overwhelmed. They told me in an email that there are only 6 people working on this project. They released this to the public about 6 months too early. It should have had much more extensive beta testing with all of the issues we are raising having been resolved a VERY long time ago. I understand that the food program would not work on MMK anymore, but why did they have to get rid of the accounting portion? That doesn't make any sense to me. Just my 2 cents.
BumbleBee 06:44 AM 12-26-2016
Does anyone know if there's a way to get a 'total hours' for a specific child?

I tried under reports, child, in/out times but all that gives me is daily in/out times for a specific month. In MMK you could do a total hours for each specific kid.

Really don't want to do this by hand!
NillaWafers 02:22 PM 12-26-2016
I'm done with KK, and am canceling my sub, hopefully I'll get some of my money back. Parents still can't pay online. Multiple invoices created via the recurring invoices that don't show up at all. It's a flipping disaster and I've had it.

I like brightwheel though! I will probably be buying a program for expense tracking. I guess I save money since this will replace dailyconnect too.

What a headache though!
MissAnn 06:48 PM 12-26-2016
I'm done with KK, and am canceling my sub, hopefully I'll get some of my money back. Parents still can't pay online. Multiple invoices created via the recurring invoices that don't show up at all. It's a flipping disaster and I've had it.

I like brightwheel though! I will probably be buying a program for expense tracking. I guess I save money since this will replace dailyconnect too.

What a headache though!
Today all of my paid invoices suddenly became unpaid. One family showed they owed me $920!
AmyKidsCo 09:22 AM 12-27-2016
Originally Posted by badger411:
You can still cancel your KK subscription and go back to MMK Pro. You will have to re-enter all of the information you posted since your migration, but IMHO, it would be worth it.
How do I cancel my KK subscription? And isn't MMK Pro being discontinued? Or did I imagine that?? I haven't entered any info into KK so I won't lose anything there.
284878 10:47 AM 12-27-2016
Originally Posted by BumbleBee:
Does anyone know if there's a way to get a 'total hours' for a specific child?

I tried under reports, child, in/out times but all that gives me is daily in/out times for a specific month. In MMK you could do a total hours for each specific kid.

Really don't want to do this by hand!
I can not find it either. If you want to open a ticket and request the put it back in. I will open a ticket too. I was using that report to see how many hours my dd was in care because it was the same hours as me. Now I have to calculate that myself in spread sheet because dd does not qualify anymore since I am now tier 2. If I go back to tier 1 I would us it again.
badger411 12:09 AM 12-28-2016
Yes, you can have your subscription converted back to MMK Pro. And yes, it is going away in October 2017 when the new food guidelines go into effect. I can only hope they get their heads out of the clouds and actually create a workable platform by that time. But I am done being a guinea pig. Sent in over 10 tickets, and got back VERY snarky responses about expecting too much, why do you need that, it's included in something else, that problem was already fixed (really? is that why I just encountered it and submitted a ticket?). Promised phone calls twice, nothing. Promised followup emails, nothing. I don't understand why they can't just make a new platform for the food program, and leave the accounting features alone.
Cat Herder 05:17 AM 12-29-2016
And isn't MMK Pro being discontinued? Or did I imagine that??
I hope that is not true.

It would seem crazy to me to lose that many customers instead of continuing to offer a previous version of their program that already works.

If you don't want to support both sell the @!#$#@!@# thing to another host or something (no, I have no idea how programming works, I am just rambling incoherently before I accept my fate and move on to a new provider... ) .

Guess I need to start software shopping? Why are they doing this????? I don't even use the food program.
Blackcat31 05:27 AM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I hope that is not true.

It would seem crazy to me to lose that many customers instead of continuing to offer a previous version of their program that already works.

If you don't want to support both sell the @!#$#@!@# thing to another host or something (no, I have no idea how programming works, I am just rambling incoherently before I accept my fate and move on to a new provider... ) .

Guess I need to start software shopping? Why are they doing this????? I don't even use the food program.
I heard that it was "disappearing" in October 2017 when all the new food program rules take effect.

I do not know if it is just disappearing from food programs or all together but I will find out....

Edited to add, just texted my rep and MMK is morphing into KidKare so yes....MMK will no longer exist.
http://www.minutemenu.com/web/mmkids.html
Cat Herder 05:31 AM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I heard that it was "disappearing" in October 2017 when all the new food program rules take effect.

I do not know if it is just disappearing from food programs or all together but I will find out....
Oh, please let that be true... I just want to use it for my own business tax purposes and client documentation.

I don't want a bunch of frilly cartoons and unnecessary apps.

Thanks!!
Cat Herder 05:36 AM 12-29-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Edited to add, just texted my rep and MMK is morphing into KidKare so yes....MMK will no longer exist.
http://www.minutemenu.com/web/mmkids.html
What a dumb choice.

So what new providers are willing to make a comparative version of the current MMK Pro? I'd be willing to pay double annually, easily. Anyone?
Blackcat31 05:40 AM 12-29-2016
What a dumb choice.

So what new providers are willing to make a comparative version the current MMK Pro? I'd be willing to pay double annually, easily. Anyone?
Most providers I know in your shoes are fleeing to Brightwheel. I haven't looked into it yet but from what I can tell they (Brightwheel) seem to be taking advantage of the number of unhappy providers dealing with KidKare and updating their app to meet those needs....

Like I said, I haven't explored the app yet but I've heard several groups of providers discussing how much they like Brightwheel in comparison to KidKare

Might be worth looking into.... on the plus side, I've heard Brightwheels customer service and response time is stellar.
Cat Herder 05:47 AM 12-29-2016
Ok, I will check them out. I was just looking through ProCare, but it is so chopped up and confusing... Thank you, again.

Maybe we should start a "Best for 2017: Childcare Management Software Reviews" thread?

We are going to need some group research time and power, here. The websites are confusing at best, misleading at worst....
midaycare 04:24 PM 01-01-2017
Ok, I will check them out. I was just looking through ProCare, but it is so chopped up and confusing... Thank you, again.

Maybe we should start a "Best for 2017: Childcare Management Software Reviews" thread?

We are going to need some group research time and power, here. The websites are confusing at best, misleading at worst....
Please??? Yes, we need this thread. Brightwheel is fantastic, but there is no real accounting features.
MissAnn 05:51 PM 01-02-2017
Thanks KidKare! I can't access my waiting list on MMK and there is no waiting list on KidKare. Reason 105 why KidKare was not ready to be released.
AmyKidsCo 08:53 AM 01-03-2017
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Please??? Yes, we need this thread. Brightwheel is fantastic, but there is no real accounting features.
Accounting features is what I need. My food program sponsor moved from MMK to CACFP.net over a year ago but I was grandfathered in and allowed to email MMK reports in.

Now I'm debating whether to try the CACFP.net accounting (which was worse than KK last time I looked) or just do the accounting myself, which gives me total control but will take more time.

UGH! I'll bet other professions have more and better options for running their businesses.
laundrymom 09:08 AM 01-03-2017
I was notified today that kidkare is an option for me. I use Mmk for all claims. And for record keeping/ expenses/taxes. I do not use it for payments. Does anyone else only do in person payments and use kidkare?
284878 11:55 AM 01-03-2017

I have used Quicken for my budget since 1999, currently use 2011. When I started my day care I just continued to use it. I have the business edition and just enter all my payments, mileage and receipts in there like normal. At the end of the year, I just pull up the tax report and every thing comes with it, including any other tax relate items like property tax. Anything else that I want to keep track of I just toss into a spreadsheet.
I just ordered my turbo tax from Amazon, the exclusive copy comes with Free Quicken 2017 for a year. So you could try it for a year or even just a month. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 -
Cat Herder 12:03 PM 01-03-2017
Originally Posted by 284878:
I have used Quicken for my budget since 1999, currently use 2011. When I started my day care I just continued to use it. I have the business edition and just enter all my payments, mileage and receipts in there like normal. At the end of the year, I just pull up the tax report and every thing comes with it, including any other tax relate items like property tax. Anything else that I want to keep track of I just toss into a spreadsheet.
I just ordered my turbo tax from Amazon, the exclusive copy comes with Free Quicken 2017 for a year. So you could try it for a year or even just a month. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 -
Thanks! I will check it out. That may help with my family taxes, too. I take all my paperwork to an Accountant each year and she really loved the MMK Pro forms for the business aspect, but maybe a one-stop would work better? Certainly can't hurt.
284878 01:26 PM 01-03-2017
Thanks! I will check it out. That may help with my family taxes, too. I take all my paperwork to an Accountant each year and she really loved the MMK Pro forms for the business aspect, but maybe a one-stop would work better? Certainly can't hurt.
If you do not use turbo tax, you can purchase older version on eBay for less. I upgraded to 2011 from 2006 last year. (Sorry, I sold all my old disk on ebay, even my 1998 copy)
284878 01:33 PM 01-03-2017
Accounting features is what I need. My food program sponsor moved from MMK to CACFP.net over a year ago but I was grandfathered in and allowed to email MMK reports in.

Now I'm debating whether to try the CACFP.net accounting (which was worse than KK last time I looked) or just do the accounting myself, which gives me total control but will take more time.

UGH! I'll bet other professions have more and better options for running their businesses.
So there is another option to entering data for the food program? This means the mmk is not a monopoly like my consultant seems to think.
Lovisa 06:27 AM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I was notified today that kidkare is an option for me. I use Mmk for all claims. And for record keeping/ expenses/taxes. I do not use it for payments. Does anyone else only do in person payments and use kidkare?
Me! I use MMK for record keeping, but have always gotten paid in person (cash or check only). I also was notified about kidkare recently.

I love MMK and am totally bummed. I'm worried about staying organized. MMK is SO easy with keeping track of expenses, time space percentage, meals, etc. Ugh

I have read through many threads on the forums and can't figure out which one to use if ALL of them either have website issues, or don't have all of the functionality as MMK
AmyKidsCo 11:33 AM 01-04-2017
So there is another option to entering data for the food program? This means the mmk is not a monopoly like my consultant seems to think.
My food program sponsor switched to CACFP.net in 2015. It's not great, but so far it's better than KidKare! So far MMKPro has been the best. If I could program I'd design something similar that WORKED, then quit child care and live off my earnings.
laundrymom 11:38 AM 01-04-2017
I guess maybe I should buy a calendar keeper again then. Lol.
Originally Posted by Lovisa:
Me! I use MMK for record keeping, but have always gotten paid in person (cash or check only). I also was notified about kidkare recently.

I love MMK and am totally bummed. I'm worried about staying organized. MMK is SO easy with keeping track of expenses, time space percentage, meals, etc. Ugh

I have read through many threads on the forums and can't figure out which one to use if ALL of them either have website issues, or don't have all of the functionality as MMK

284878 08:50 PM 01-05-2017
My food program sponsor switched to CACFP.net in 2015. It's not great, but so far it's better than KidKare! So far MMKPro has been the best. If I could program I'd design something similar that WORKED, then quit child care and live off my earnings.
So sad this is the"best" software out there, I only use it for the FP and I am uderly apauled by how out dated it is, even the new kk. I use way more advanced programs for my volunteer work than mmk. Most of what mmkpro offers I track in quicken or in spreadsheets. Time space is tallied in turbo tax for me, once I enter all the data. (Most tax professional use some sort of tax software, so they don't manualy calculate T/S either) Also, turbo tax, quicken and QuickBooks are made by Intuit, if you use a more recent copy than I do, of quicken or QuickBooks all your tax info from them will transfer over to turbo tax with a click of a button. (Or you can print out in a report for your accountant)

I track my hours, meals, menu, payments, attendance plus more in spreadsheets and it does not take any more time than it would entering in 'minute' menu. Plus I can save to the a cloud (in my case, Dropbox) to access anywhere.

All these issues that everyone is having is inexcusable.
AmyKidsCo 07:37 AM 01-06-2017
So sad this is the"best" software out there, I only use it for the FP and I am uderly apauled by how out dated it is, even the new kk. I use way more advanced programs for my volunteer work than mmk. Most of what mmkpro offers I track in quicken or in spreadsheets. Time space is tallied in turbo tax for me, once I enter all the data. (Most tax professional use some sort of tax software, so they don't manualy calculate T/S either) Also, turbo tax, quicken and QuickBooks are made by Intuit, if you use a more recent copy than I do, of quicken or QuickBooks all your tax info from them will transfer over to turbo tax with a click of a button. (Or you can print out in a report for your accountant)

I track my hours, meals, menu, payments, attendance plus more in spreadsheets and it does not take any more time than it would entering in 'minute' menu. Plus I can save to the a cloud (in my case, Dropbox) to access anywhere.

All these issues that everyone is having is inexcusable.
ITA.

Thanks for the info. DH does our taxes - after 20 years in FCC and following Tom Copeland we're pretty good at knowing the ins and outs. I've always shied away from the "standard" accounting programs because FCC is such a unique situation, but knowing that it'll calculate T/S for me helps. I'll pass the info to DH. It was just so convenient having MMK do all the reports for us. DH followed Tom Copeland's tax book with the MMK reports and it all went so smoothly!
MarinaVanessa 09:04 AM 01-06-2017
So I received an email from KidKare/MMK. I had emailed them before to let them know my frustrations and to ask them some questions. She was very nice and addressed my issues and I thought I'd share it with you since it clarifies a few things.

Originally Posted by :
Marina,

Thank you for your email. You are totally correct in that we had more problems than we anticipated with the release of KidKare accounting, but we are working hard to fix them as soon as possible. I think all the issues you reported will be fixed by the end of January. And we will continue to make improvements to KidKare in general.

I know we've got a lot of frustrated providers and we have been trying hard to get back to everyone as soon as possible. Our goal is to always respond to our clients within 24 hours, but unfortunately we had a huge volume of emails and phone calls in December, and got way behind.

For Minute Menu Kids "disappearing" in October 2017, that date has to do with food program changes. We also do food program software, and have lots of providers who use it for that purpose. There are going to be major changes to the meal pattern starting in October of 2017, and we aren't going to be updating the old software with the food program changes, so food program claims will need to be submitted via KidKare starting in October 2017. But for providers who only use MMKids for accounting, it will still be possible to continue to use it. We are going to be phasing out MMKids at some point in time, but I don't know of a definite date.

I know we've had a bumpy start, but I believe KidKare is going to be an awesome tool for day care providers. Our company is small, but we are very supportive of child care providers and the important work that you do (there are 3 of us here who are former child care providers). We are working hard to make KidKare meet the needs of the child care business. Please check back with us again when you want to take another look at KidKare.

Also, if you have any additional thoughts to share on what features/functions you would like to see in KidKare, please feel free to let us know. I am going to go ahead and resolve the tickets you have sent, but if you reply to this email, I will still get it. Or you could always open a new ticket.

Thanks again! And we appreciate your patience as we work through these issues.

Betty
Minute Menu Support

AmyKidsCo 11:36 AM 01-06-2017
Thanks Marina, hat's good to know! I do feel bad for them - my daughter does customer service and was slammed in Dec too. It's not their fault the program was released too soon, but still...

I've got until the end of February to decide if I want to stick with KK or not. Right now I'm thinking not, but we'll see...

I had many of the same issues as you had. I wonder if they resolved them across the board or just ticket by ticket.
Lovisa 06:14 AM 01-12-2017
So I received an email from KidKare/MMK. I had emailed them before to let them know my frustrations and to ask them some questions. She was very nice and addressed my issues and I thought I'd share it with you since it clarifies a few things.

Ok, so does that email mean that those of use who ONLY use MMK for accounting stuff, and aren't on the food program, can continue to use it? I got an email the other day telling me it was time to renew my MMK account. But then I also got a message saying not to transfer over to KK until I do my 2016 taxes. I just don't know if I should renew. Will I be forced over to KK and have to pay again, or??? I am so confused....
MissAnn 05:17 AM 01-13-2017
My W-10's in KidKare did not print properly. The edge was cut off. Also one full time family showed they paid $345 for the year. Still mad my waiting list is locked up in MMK.
MarinaVanessa 12:53 PM 01-13-2017
Ok, so does that email mean that those of use who ONLY use MMK for accounting stuff, and aren't on the food program, can continue to use it? I got an email the other day telling me it was time to renew my MMK account. But then I also got a message saying not to transfer over to KK until I do my 2016 taxes. I just don't know if I should renew. Will I be forced over to KK and have to pay again, or??? I am so confused....
Yes if your use MMK Pro for accounting purposes you can keep using it even after October when the food program switches over to KK. I canceled my KK and went back to using MMK until KK fixes the bugs and puts in everything that you can do in MMK into KK.
Lovisa 09:29 AM 01-14-2017
Yes if your use MMK Pro for accounting purposes you can keep using it even after October when the food program switches over to KK. I canceled my KK and went back to using MMK until KK fixes the bugs and puts in everything that you can do in MMK into KK.
Perfect, thank you!
KBCsMommy 11:05 AM 01-20-2017
How many days does it take to get an online payment?
Is it the same as Minute Menu where it was 5-8 days?

I'm wondering because I haven't been paid since January 4th.... I'm getting a little desperate here!
Blackcat31 09:15 AM 05-04-2017
https://help.kidkare.com/help/may-2017-updates
hwichlaz 10:16 AM 05-04-2017
When a parent pays more than their invoice, I can one again input that amount. Still not prompted to see if I want to credit the next invoice, but a def. improvement.
Lovisa 08:37 AM 07-05-2017
I had no idea if this was the right thread to post this question on. Feel free to move if necessary

I finally moved over to KK from MMK. I have had to submit 2 tickets, and neither time were they answered. I have no idea what else to do. My time space percentage isn't accurate! It shows 15 point something percent. It is ACTUALLY 40 something percent! So that means none of my expense records are accurate. I am SO frustrated by KK. Nothing works as easy as with MMK. And since I don't do the food program, HAVING to put in exact foods into the meal stuff is annoying. I would love (like with MMK) to just put that I served breakfast, lunch and a snack. Being specific is taking so much extra time ugh.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas about the time space thing? TIA!
hwichlaz 09:15 AM 07-05-2017
For the meals, do one saved menu for each meal, and just choose that pre made menu every time. IRS doesn't care if you serve Chex, milk, and a banana for breakfast every day, lol.
Lovisa 09:37 AM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
For the meals, do one saved menu for each meal, and just choose that pre made menu every time. IRS doesn't care if you serve Chex, milk, and a banana for breakfast every day, lol.
I knew I posted here for a reason lol. Why the HECK did I not think of that?!

I *think* I may have figured out the TSP too. Still don't know why it has to be so complicated.....ugh.
Annalee 09:48 AM 07-05-2017
I knew I posted here for a reason lol. Why the HECK did I not think of that?!

I *think* I may have figured out the TSP too. Still don't know why it has to be so complicated.....ugh.
My food program is changing over to Kid Kare and I have no issues with that....been using it since March! I don't use any of the pay for use parts of kid kare, though.
sharlan 10:04 AM 07-05-2017
Can I say that after two weeks I am not a fan?

I've turned in 2 tickets, no response. You can't call and talk to anyone in person.

I still can't invoice and record payments. It shows "draft" no matter what I do. I'm still doing my invoices on MM.
sharlan 10:11 AM 07-05-2017
My rep told me that I didn't have to put in my in/out times for my preschoolers. When I checked before submitting my claim, it kicked out all of their meals.

I was able to run a separate report and put their hours back in.
Annalee 10:23 AM 07-05-2017
Originally Posted by sharlan:
My rep told me that I didn't have to put in my in/out times for my preschoolers. When I checked before submitting my claim, it kicked out all of their meals.

I was able to run a separate report and put their hours back in.
We don't put our times in either, just the meals and count for the meal.
Tags:class action, kid kare, kidkare, kidkare issues, kk, mmk - auto payments, mmk pro, new food program software
Reply Up