Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gifts for schoolagers I don't see often
Josiegirl 12:06 PM 11-30-2013
There are 2 dcfs who will be coming after Christmas; I've had them for years and do still see them on days off. I would like to get them something for Christmas and send it in a card. So I was thinking either a gift card to our local pizza place or maybe movie tickets. However, I'm leaning towards the gift card because tickets would run me about 32. a family and I really didn't want to do that much. What do you all think? Or is there anything else that might be a good idea? I live in a small town so don't have any large chain places available.
kathiemarie 01:23 PM 11-30-2013
I love to give subscriptions to magazines. You could do one for each depending on what they like or one for the whole family.
Josiegirl 03:33 AM 12-01-2013
That's a good idea, thanks!
MamaBearCanada 04:09 AM 12-01-2013
Why about gift cards you can use online? Like Amazon or Walmart. Also if you go the movie theatre route just get a gift card for the amount you can afford. If the gift is for the DCK you really only need to cover the cost of their ticket & snacks not their parents' costs too.
Angelsj 07:28 AM 12-01-2013
I always get the children books. I try to choose something I know the child would enjoy or older classics the child may not have seen.
I like the idea of promoting the importance of reading. You can find lists online or on amazon for the appropriate range, then just think about what the kiddo likes (trains, cars, green, treehouses, sharks.)
Reply Up