Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>$20/Day?! For Two Boys?!
CrayolaKids 12:14 PM 02-27-2012
"I need a babysitter Mondays, Wednesday's, and Fridays from 10am-3pm for my 2 boys (3 and 3 months). I can pay $20 everyday they are there or $60 for the week no matter what. Comment or message below!"

Saw this on one of the county buy, sell or trade pages on facebook and it just boggles my mind. To top it off, there are 6 (so far within an hour of posting) comments of people willing to do it!! That's $10/day per child for 5 hours of care...equating to $2/hour/child. That's less than my daily rate for one child...I think the worst part about it is that it shows the state of our economy, if that is all a person is willing or able to pay to care for two children, one being an infant.
momma2girls 06:41 PM 02-27-2012
Very sad it is!!
PitterPatter 06:46 PM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by CrayolaKids:
"I need a babysitter Mondays, Wednesday's, and Fridays from 10am-3pm for my 2 boys (3 and 3 months). I can pay $20 everyday they are there or $60 for the week no matter what. Comment or message below!"

Saw this on one of the county buy, sell or trade pages on facebook and it just boggles my mind. To top it off, there are 6 (so far within an hour of posting) comments of people willing to do it!! That's $10/day per child for 5 hours of care...equating to $2/hour/child. That's less than my daily rate for one child...I think the worst part about it is that it shows the state of our economy, if that is all a person is willing or able to pay to care for two children, one being an infant.
It is sad. BUT this is where the subsidy program steps in so that provider would get $40 per day for those kids instead of settling for $20.
Cat Herder 04:43 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
It is sad. BUT this is where the subsidy program steps in so that provider would get $40 per day for those kids instead of settling for $20.
For how long? It cannot continue at this rate. We can't afford it.

Not to mention the provider would then have to be registered/licensed. THAT requires passing a background test. Many "under the table" providers can't.

Parents need to get smarter. The economy is bringing people into this field who really should not be.
mac60 06:52 AM 02-28-2012
I think what is sadder in this situation is that the person was irresponsible in her actions, got pregnant again, with a child she could not clearly afford. Really, because a person now has 2 kids she can't afford, why should she get subsidy for a bad choice on her part. As a taxpayer, I am getting sick of the people making poor choices only to have me the taxpayer pay for them. People need to start being held accountable, their poor choices not only affects them.
Country Kids 07:04 AM 02-28-2012
Originally Posted by mac60:
I think what is sadder in this situation is that the person was irresponsible in her actions, got pregnant again, with a child she could not clearly afford. Really, because a person now has 2 kids she can't afford, why should she get subsidy for a bad choice on her part. As a taxpayer, I am getting sick of the people making poor choices only to have me the taxpayer pay for them. People need to start being held accountable, their poor choices not only affects them.
You really don't know her story and if she could afford another child or not. I had a hardworker mom years ago with two wonderful children. One was a baby and the other a toddler. Dad went back to school while she worked and they were working toward the goal for her to be a stay at home mom when he graduated. Things changed quickly and rapidly once he went to school. He left her and the two kids and everything behind. This mom was left with two children, all the bills, the mortgage, just everything. She also worked in a good profession but it didn't pay for everything! Hated doing it but she did qualify for assistance. Ended up working her way through school on her own, graduated at the top of her class. The profession she chose allowed her to work part-time, makes good money and be there for her kids. Love found her at last and she is happily remarried and doing very well.
mac60 08:05 AM 02-28-2012
You are right, I don't know her situation. I guess my statement is more based on the "general consensus" of what I see on a daily basis and the way people use and manipulate the system as they make poor choices and expect society to pay their way. My apologies to this person, if she does not fall into this category.
Tags:cheap rates, weird
Reply Up