Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Child Care providers from Boston or Ma??? Please read!!!
Live,Laugh,Learn Boston 07:59 AM 02-14-2012
Good Morning
I'm a fellow child care provider from Boston Ma. I'm in the process of getting licenced for a family child care center even though I have my Master's in education and a licence from MA to be a director of 150 children. I'm interested in center based programs and I'm here to meet other professionals in the Boston or Mass area who are as well. Interested in networking, partnering up, going into a joint venture or just using each other as a reasource to sucess. Please message me about yourself, what your currently doing/working on and what part of Boston or Ma are you from! Excited to me a new member on here! I hope to hear from a lot of people soon!
Michael 10:08 AM 02-14-2012
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.
Jessie 10:49 AM 02-14-2012
I'm in MA, but central, closer to Worcester, and I'm doing Family Child Care. I'm hoping to find some sort of a group too - I started my day care so I could stay home with my baby daughter, and I love it, but I do miss collaborating with others!

I have a Master's in Child Development and have been in the field in non-profit work and teaching for about 10 years, but just started doing child care in December. When I taught preschool it was in a Reggio school and I met regularly with other Reggio teachers to talk about the work we were doing and to give each other feedback and ideas. I'd love to find something similar!

Good luck with your licensing, let me know if you have questions!
bunnyslippers 11:49 AM 02-14-2012
I am also in MA, central, also near Worcester. I have a large family child care. Previously, I worked in a public school system as the director of the Autism program and an integrated preschool teacher. I have my Master's degree in Special Education, and my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Ed.

I have been doing child care for three years, and think I will be done in another two (when my youngest begins preschool). I chose to leave my old career to be home with my children. My child care is just for teachers. so I keep the same schedule as I had when I was teaching. It is located in my basement, separate from the rest of my house. I run it as a preschool - no television, movies, etc. I like it, but don't LOVE it. I love the time home with my children, and love the children I care for. I have met some AMAZING families, and for the most part it works out well. I do miss my old job, though, and I am eager to get back into it in a few years.

Good luck, and send any questions out that you may have ~
Reply Up