Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Virus?
MissAnn 09:07 AM 03-18-2014
Is it common to have a stomach virus with no fever. I had one stay home today with those symptoms and sent one home who threw up twice but has no fever.
Blackcat31 09:13 AM 03-18-2014
Yep. I have several kids who don't get a fever when ill.

One has a raging double ear infection...never had any fever or symptoms. Mom found out at the well child check up. Child's behavior never even indicated an ear infection.
Naptime yet? 09:13 AM 03-18-2014
My dd last week started throwing up with no fever, only to spike one a few hours later. It went away on its own the next day, and she was fine, just tired. I didn't give her any medication for any of her symptoms, so I can only speculate what she had.
TwinKristi 09:57 AM 03-18-2014
Yes! Most stomach viruses don't have a fever!
e.j. 12:26 PM 03-18-2014
The stomach bug has just gone through my dc and none of us got a fever with it as far as I know. I don't know how the kids felt but when I had it, I didn't even feel particularly sick. I just felt a little tired during the day. Even while actively sick, I didn't feel like I usually do when I have a stomach bug. It was over almost as quickly as it came on but recovery time after (rib pain and stomach pain after eating) seemed to take longer than usual.
Tags:stomach bug, stomach flu, stomach virus, vomiting
Reply Up