Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update2 Crazy Neighbor
MOM OF 4 06:42 PM 09-24-2014
So the neighbor's husband offered to fix the leaning fence I had previously mentioned awhile back.

So while the husband and my husband fixed the fence, the wife who called the cops on us and stated that we assaulted her, was glaring at my hubby and yelled at her hubby like he was doing everything wrong. He told her to back off, so she gets into her truck and leaves. The husband told my husband a few things so I guess they might be having problems (shocking...not)

Then, a week later, her friend parked in my driveway. My daughter had somewhere to be so I walked over there and said to someone that was standing there in their yard. "Hello, is that your guy's truck?" The friend proceeds to get the neighbor and tell her that she thought I was asking for her. OK honest mistake, I kind of knew it was the friends' truck, but I wanted to confirm, then ask if she wouldn't mind moving so I could back out.

So, I repeat the question and the crazy neighbor says "No that is NOT MY truck, that's THEIR truck" (OK seriously, I don't give a flying crap, all I know is it's blocking my driveway) I said as politely as one can, "That's fine, can you please have them move it?" She said "OK" and whirls around all snooty and the friend shakes her head and comes moves the truck. I said "Gracias, I appreciate you doing that" She said "I am so sorry I didn't see it had blocked" I said "no worries, have a nice day" and left.

So all seems ok. Then my kids went out back to play and accidentally hit a ball over their fence. My hubby lets them go ask for the ball and she is SO rude to them (I think I addressed that on another thread somewhere) slamming doors in their face and yelling at them about picking up crab apples from a tree that is starting to be affected from the fall season. She thought initially the kids were THROWING them in her yard. Then her HUSBAND pointed out that, no, they were just falling off the tree, and to stop freaking out. Well first of all, I wasn't there but seriously I was thinking "UM, FIRST these are NOT your kids, so do not address them this way and second: No way after you called the cops on us and made up an assault story, would I remotely even SUGGEST they help you do ANYTHING in your yard, even if our tree walked over there and pooped the crab apples in the middle of her lawn! My husband ONLY agreed to help HER husband with the fence because it shares. Other than that, we do not talk to her at all. The husband is the PERFECT neighbor, polite Air Force man who really seems to care about others. Too bad he came with a side of CRAZY!

FF to 3 days later, today, and HER child hits a ball on OUR side. The child comes over, and asks for the ball. I said "SURE!" and let my kid get the ball. My kid is famous for taking FOREVER, so the kid is talking to me. She wanted to come in, but I said "I am so sorry, please don't take this as me being rude, but I don't think your mom would like if I let you inside, normally I would but I can't" She said "Oh, ok I know" (as if confirming what I said was correct)

She reveals, in the very short time, how she knows her mom is a problem. First she tells me about her getting in trouble asking her sister for $5 to do dishes. OK, that's kind of funny, but I guess mom went a little overkill with her reaction . I said "Wow, that's pretty crazy way to lose money, paying people to do your dishes, but I bet your sister was totally OK getting paid" She nodded and laughed. I yelled to my son to hurry up with that ball! Well, she continues to tell me about how her MOM is STILL DOING ILLEGAL UNLICENSED DAYCARE and got into a loud fight with DCM.

Apparently, DCM agreed to provide food but didn't or something. But then she said the DCM was yelling at her mom, and said she would NOT be paying for services OR bringing her children back, so my guess is that MOM brought up whatever issues they had and crazy neighbor went nuts. This woman should NOT watch kids. IF she isn't outside doing things OTHER than actually watching the kids (like she'll be in front doing stuff to the flowers and such, and all the kids out back alone) , she's gone doing who knows what for a whole day. As a mom, I don't want the DCParent out ALL day long not knowing where she is, that and I do want them watched when they ARE at their home: and she just seems to want money. So IDK it seems like there is clearly more to the story, and my guess mom pulled. Now, crazy neighbor never used a contract, my guess is she probably still doesn't. So she will never see the money (KARMA, anyone?)

She obviously doesn't care about the law because she's not supposed to watch more than one family, and she does. She was reported by the other neighbor down the street who IS licensed (I went to her house to do an interview, but I had 3 kids and she could do only 2, too bad though she was pretty good!) but says no one's done anything and she's still trying to fill those 2 spaces.

Crazy neighbor is STILL moving, according to the child.

Funny how a few minutes not only can save you on your car insurance, but you can get a shi& ton of info from any motormouthed kiddo! lol
Michael 11:05 PM 09-24-2014
Wow, everyone is going to call her the Crazy Lady in the neighborhood. I feel for her family.
NightOwl 11:48 PM 09-24-2014
This is the same neighbor who wanted to watch your children??
coolconfidentme 03:19 AM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by Michael:
Wow, everyone is going to call her the Crazy Lady in the neighborhood. I feel for her family.
That's funny, I think every neighborhood has one. We actually have a real crazy lady over her. The neighborhood kids will yell "Code Red" when they see her & run in to whosoever back yard is closest. The police made her sign a contract not to talk to my DCKs or DCPs. It was just a piece of paper with words on it, she cannot read. She doesn't bother us. The husband told me he keeps her around cause she is is good cook, lol.
MOM OF 4 08:24 AM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
This is the same neighbor who wanted to watch your children??
Yup! I said NO. lol And I'm so glad!

Sadly, this woman produced 4 children and her 10yo is embarrassed by her (that's the only one that TOLD me this) so I am sure the others are or will be as well.
MOM OF 4 08:30 AM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
That's funny, I think every neighborhood has one. We actually have a real crazy lady over her. The neighborhood kids will yell "Code Red" when they see her & run in to whosoever back yard is closest. The police made her sign a contract not to talk to my DCKs or DCPs. It was just a piece of paper with words on it, she cannot read. She doesn't bother us. The husband told me he keeps her around cause she is is good cook, lol.
Seriously she had to sign a contract? That's pretty new! The cops here didn't do anything. Of course SHE is the one that called on US.
Tags:neighbor dispute, neighbor issue
Reply Up