Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 10-10-2014, 06:31 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default So Happy and So Sad!

Today is the last day for two of my daycare girls. Sisters aged 3 and 5. They are lovely, sweet, obedient little angels. Their mom is a sweetheart. Thoughtful, pays on time, great mom. no problems at all.

They came to me 2 years ago. DCM was single. A friend knows the family and told me her ex cheated on her 3 times. The first time she forgave him quickly. The second time she was more reluctant...and the third time she filed for divorce.

HE figured she shouldn't have done that and set out to punish her any way he could. I only see him when he picks up the girls from here, but he is an arrogant jerk....talks to me like I'm a servant etc. and has made life as miserable as possible for DCM. It is so obvious he thinks women are for his personal use.

Fast forward to last year. DCM meets a WONDERFUL guy at work. He is kind and generous and SOOO great with the girls. When HE would pick them up from daycare, they would throw themselves at him in excitement. He's tall and very handsome (my 17 year old swoons every time he comes to the door LOL) but best of all is an insanely wonderful man.

Well...they got married. and it is easy to see how happy they all are together.

He has recently finished his masters degree and was offered a VERY good job in North Dakota. DCM will be a stay at home mom now because their income will now be more than what BOTH of them have been making together,.

Everyone was happy....except the ex of course. Court was last week as he tried to stop her taking the kids out of the state. Of course the judge took 2 seconds to rule in DCM's favor.

So they are off on the next part of their adventure. I will miss them all like crazy, but am so happy for them too. It's nice to see a "and they lived happily ever after" scenario. I have no doubts they will grow old together.

Saying goodbye to the good ones is one of the hardest parts of this job for me.

Today's goodbyes will be hard, but I am happy to see them move on with their lives!!!
Old 10-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Daycare.com Member

I'm just curious about how they figure out that a mom can move to another state. So dads have to move every time moms do to be in their child's life? I'm just asking as a general question as I wonder how this works.

Good for the happy family though!

Laurel
Old 10-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Unregistered

It all depends on how involved the other parent is.If he only sees the girls once a month and misses half of his scheduled visits then it is in their best interest to move. If he is an involved parent then yes, he may have to move to be able to be involved with his girls.They look for overall, where the children will thrive the best and that would probably be in a two parent family who can afford to take care of the kids. It's sad but that is one of the downfalls of divorce, sometimes the children don't get to see much of one parent
And that's why you should think long and hard before you cheat and ruin your family forever.That's the fall out!
Old 10-10-2014, 07:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Aw! Thanks for sharing that story. It is nice to hear a happily ever after. Hugs to you for your good byes! Hopefully you can all keep in touch.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

So sweet. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-10-2014, 07:06 AM

Good for her.

I am sure she has a plan to allow for the girls visitation and will follow through as court ordered. The risk is too great if she does not.

I hope they keep in touch with you, Meeko.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:40 AM
FCC Educator

Thanks for sharing Meeko.
Hearing your story is making me think and remember my fav's.
It is sad to have to part with them
Old 10-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

What a wonderful ending to your DCM's story. And I bet having her girls with you during the hard times with her ex helped her tremendously.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:53 AM

That's so heartwarming. Everyone deserves a happily ever after. I'm so happy for her and her daughters!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Daycare.com Member

Great story and North Dakota is my home state. Glad she will get to be a stay at home mom because it gets cold like you couldn't imagine there and scraping your car windows and digging out to get to work in the morning isn't enjoyable lol
Old 10-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
Today is the last day for two of my daycare girls. Sisters aged 3 and 5. They are lovely, sweet, obedient little angels. Their mom is a sweetheart. Thoughtful, pays on time, great mom. no problems at all.

They came to me 2 years ago. DCM was single. A friend knows the family and told me her ex cheated on her 3 times. The first time she forgave him quickly. The second time she was more reluctant...and the third time she filed for divorce.

HE figured she shouldn't have done that and set out to punish her any way he could. I only see him when he picks up the girls from here, but he is an arrogant jerk....talks to me like I'm a servant etc. and has made life as miserable as possible for DCM. It is so obvious he thinks women are for his personal use.

Fast forward to last year. DCM meets a WONDERFUL guy at work. He is kind and generous and SOOO great with the girls. When HE would pick them up from daycare, they would throw themselves at him in excitement. He's tall and very handsome (my 17 year old swoons every time he comes to the door LOL) but best of all is an insanely wonderful man.

Well...they got married. and it is easy to see how happy they all are together.

He has recently finished his masters degree and was offered a VERY good job in North Dakota. DCM will be a stay at home mom now because their income will now be more than what BOTH of them have been making together,.

Everyone was happy....except the ex of course. Court was last week as he tried to stop her taking the kids out of the state. Of course the judge took 2 seconds to rule in DCM's favor.

So they are off on the next part of their adventure. I will miss them all like crazy, but am so happy for them too. It's nice to see a "and they lived happily ever after" scenario. I have no doubts they will grow old together.

Saying goodbye to the good ones is one of the hardest parts of this job for me.

Today's goodbyes will be hard, but I am happy to see them move on with their lives!!!
It is nice to see happy endings! I am sure they’ll equally miss you.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Daycare.com Member

What a nice story- glad it's working out so nicely for such a great dcm.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It all depends on how involved the other parent is.If he only sees the girls once a month and misses half of his scheduled visits then it is in their best interest to move. If he is an involved parent then yes, he may have to move to be able to be involved with his girls.They look for overall, where the children will thrive the best and that would probably be in a two parent family who can afford to take care of the kids. It's sad but that is one of the downfalls of divorce, sometimes the children don't get to see much of one parent
And that's why you should think long and hard before you cheat and ruin your family forever.That's the fall out!
Okay, thanks for the info. I used to go on a relationship forum where mostly divorce was the main issue. I just remembered a lot of them said they can't move without a court order and I "thought" the other parent's permission. I could be mistaken though. I guess the judge DID decide in this case though.

I remember seeing something on t.v. once where the family could move to another state but since the ones moving were wealthy the judge had them make sure the dad got visitation by paying plane fare. Wow, what a mess.

Laurel
Old 10-10-2014, 03:51 PM

The judge basically told him he had made his bed and now he had to lie in it. He often didn't pay his child support, screwed around with visitation rules and generally made life as hard as possible for DCM. Bless her heart, she kept her cool...didn't retaliate and kept her side of the custody rules 100%. It has paid off.

The judge ruled for some fair visitation/holidays etc. I don't know all the details, but DCM is happy with them.

Dad is now wishing he had kept his pants zipped. He sure lost a good one in DCM.

His latest girlfriend (think Barbie from Toy Story 3.... only not as intelligent... and you have a good idea...she's an unemployed "fashion designer") and he blasted Facebook with nasty comments. His own father left a post telling him that as he wouldn't return calls, to grow up and get used to using his credit card on plane tickets and that he had nobody to blame but himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH!
Old 10-25-2014, 10:38 AM

I miss them all already! Aren't they cute?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1536705_10203839155326437_5992165590442358174_n.jpg (155.0 KB, 43 views)
Old 10-25-2014, 12:04 PM

They are a gorgeous family . Hooray for happy endings
Old 10-25-2014, 03:18 PM
FCC Educator

They are beautiful!
They all look so happy too
Old 12-30-2014, 12:54 PM

Update,,,,they're pregnant!!!!
Old 12-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

what an awesome update!!!!! I wish a lifetime of happiness to them!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:26 AM

I love it! You can tell what a great relationship these two have with their step-dad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yay.jpg (96.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 12-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Daycare.com Member

That's so cute! Love their expressions, especially the little one. So glad that there are great guys like this left in the world!
Old 12-31-2014, 09:44 AM
Daycare.com Member

This whole thread is so stinkin' adorable!! Thanks for sharing, made my day =)